GoPro buying DJI?

ianwood said:
TimmyG94 said:
I almost feel like a traitor for flying this **** bird! :oops:

Get used to it. You can thank the FAA as it has effectively made it impossible to innovate in the drone space in the US right now.

As for DJI getting bought by GoPro, it's not impossible but I doubt Chinese regulators would like it. It's one of a few occasions where the industry's flagship innovator is Chinese. I also think there are a lot of business units that aren't compatible with GoPro's primary focus.

Agreed on the mismatch with many of DJI's business areas. I don't know what % of their revenue comes from non-consumer/prosumer products but I suspect it may be single digits unfortunately. GoPro would likely divest or sell these off which would be a real loss for prosumer/pro customers IMO.

smole said:
TimmyG94 said:
I really hope it's true.

It does bother me at some visceral level that I'm flying around a $1300 piece of Chinese engineering. Doesn't make me feel good that I contributed to a country that doesn't respect human rights or the core values of democracy that America and many other Western nations fought and died for. China is one the biggest hackers of American databases.

I almost feel like a traitor for flying this **** bird! :oops:

The GoPro is made in China too.

Brazil, I believe.

Utopia Texas said:
Yes it is a hassle when the camera is used 10-15 times a day. Any decent soft ware would turn off everything at one time. This is not the 1990's and their software is extremely basic for a $400 unit. The $400 package also does not come with a SIM card.
Go figure.....

Which part of the 1990s had a 4K resolution camera that you can fit in the palm of your hand for $400?

P.S. You can turn the WiFi/BT off by pressing the button. Sorry for the inconvenience!

ianwood said:
Utopia Texas said:
Yes it is a hassle when the camera is used 10-15 times a day. Any decent soft ware would turn off everything at one time. This is not the 1990's and their software is extremely basic for a $400 unit. The $400 package also does not come with a SIM card.
Go figure.....

Which part of the 1990s had a 4K resolution camera that you can fit in the palm of your hand for $400?

P.S. You can turn the WiFi/BT off by pressing the button. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Nikon SLR 35mm ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers