GoPro 4 LightBridge HDMI Output Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
DJI Lightbrige with the new gopro4

"This is from Michael R. at
GoPro Support from a post on phantompilots.com
The HDMI signal cuts out during recording and comes back when you stop recording.
The update released today may have solved our end of the problem, but we'll need to wait for Lightbridge to release a new update to be sure. Please let me know if, when Lightbridge's software is released, it does not solve the issue."

No Michael R. we still have the same problem even with the gopro4 updated and the light bridge updated today 10/14

It looks like a no go even after both of the latest updates. Gopro4/Lightbridge

The Problem
The gopro4 is outputting 480p sd on the hdmi out when you press the record button and start recording on the go pro 4, with the new resolutions. Before the recording is started the hdmi output is 1080p.

This 480p sd output problem is in the 2.7k 48fps mode the 2.7k 30 fps works fine its 1080p after the recording starts.

This 480p sd output problem is in the 4k 30fpsfps mode the 4.k 15 fps works fine its 1080p after the recording starts

This 480p sd output problem is in the 1080p 120fps mode the 1080p 30 and 60 fps works fine its 1080p after the recording starts.

I don't want to sugar coat this problem but this just SUCKS for us Lightbridge guys.

Come on Gopro/DJI I think this is 90% Gopros problem

Sad Times

GoPro 4 LightBridge HDMI Output Problem NOT GOOD

GoPro 4 LightBridge HDMI Output Problem NOT GOOD
Postby kelleyre » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:14 pm

Well here it is, and its not pretty at all.

I just got the email from Gopro that I was dreading about
with the Hdmi Gopro4 problem.

Thanks for the reply. While the HERO4 Black is capable of recording in 4K at 30fps with a quality of 60 Mb/s, it is able to do so by lowering the processing power required for the image preview, lowering the live preview resolution from 1080p to 480p at 60Hz. This is not considered to be a camera issue as it is simply a limitation of the camera's processing power. This is similar to sending your camera up on the Phantom shooting in Time-Lapse Mode with the interval set to 0.5 seconds; the camera simply can't provide full-resolution data to the memory card while simultaneously providing a 1080p preview, and in the case of Time-Lapse, you actually get no preview at all (black screen).

With most HDMI mixers and other receivers, the video signal would automatically switch to begin accepting a 480p feed, but it sounds like the Lightbridge is not capable of this dynamic adjusting. It's possible that DJI may be able to release a firmware update which will allow for this type of dynamic switching.

This type of preview switching only occurs when using the highest-performance modes of the camera (4K/30, 2.7K48), so if you plan on using these modes you may be best off simply using a standard definition, 480p FPV system such as a Boscam or ImmersionRC setup. This allows for recording in 4K and other high-performance modes, while also providing a 480p preview via the miniUSB port. Since the Lightbridge is such a large investment, we also encourage you to reach out to DJI to see if they can provide dynamic signal switching in a future update to the Lightbridge.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions in the meantime, and thanks again for your patience!

Many Thanks,

Sean F.

GoPro Support

gopro.com/support

All I can say is,well I can't really say it here cause it would be inappropriate.

We can only hope that DJI can let the light bridge accept 480p hdmi input
or we will have to use the av sd input. This just Sucks in so many ways.

Darn this new technology can just suck sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20