GoPro 3

Reaction score
Need GoPro 3 Firmware before update,can't find pre 2.2-before 3.2 for Fpv without drone

Need GoPro 3 Firmware before update,can't find pre 2.2-before 3.2 for Fpv without drone

Are you looking for GoPro 3+ v2 firmware? Or the GoPro 3 firmware?

Jason you said they cut off video I'm trying to get Fpv without a drone

There are 2 versions of the hero 3 and the original was was the hero 3 white, sliver and black. But that model had problems so GP redesigned and called it the hero 3+ white, silver and black. Now the latest firmware v3 for the Hero 3+ blocked the video output from the USB connector on the side of the camera which required a rollback to the former firmware to correct the problem. This in no way effected the Hero 3 cameras.

Here's a photo of the original Hero 3.
Hero 3.jpg

This is the Hero 3+.
Hero 3+.jpg

Now which camera do you own?

Both but the USB port on the Hero 3+ is broken and the micro mini cards I bought started crashing one by one so I bought good ones I thought they both had firmware problems cause I can't get video on none of them(without drone)tx(immersion)or GoPro USB tx & monitor or googles(without drone)

Both but the USB port on the Hero 3+ is broken and the micro mini cards I bought started crashing one by one so I bought good ones I thought they both had firmware problems cause I can't get video on none of them(without drone)tx(immersion)or GoPro USB tx & monitor or googles(without drone)

Look I know what you're up to and how you want to use the GoPro 3+ and could care less and I will only help with the camera period. It also helps when all the information is forthcoming instead having to drag it out of the person asking for help.

First thing is to find out of the camera is capable of recording 1080p video on all the SD cards you have. To do so start by removing that L250 TX off the camera an turn the camera on and at the very bottom of the LCD screen you will see the firmware version the camera is using. That firmware information will only remain on the screen for to seconds so you may have to turn the camera off/on a couple of times. If the version ion the LCD screen is v03.00 then the USB video output port on the camera is blocked and it will no longer read the video file on the SD card.

I will wait for your response.

On the GoPro Hero 3 it's 3.00,on the GoPro 3+ it's 2.00

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes one way I'm trying is the L250 tx the other way I've tried is the Boscam TS351 5.8 tx 200 mw 8 channel wireless tx,without the 305 receiver I'm using the Fat Shark Teleporter or Flysight Monitor with Receiver trying all Bands and nothing maybe it's not capable or something!

On the GoPro Hero 3 it's 3.00,on the GoPro 3+ it's 2.00

The v3 updated version for the GoPro 3 + was the one causing loss of video signal from the cameras USB connector. Now since that the Hero 3+ camera has version v2.00 there's no problem or loss of video from that cameras USB port. As for the GoPro 3 the firmware version on that camera should be a problem at least to my knowledge and there haven't been any reports about it being a problem.

Yes I've used the L250 before on a Drone it worked then

Yes I've used the L250 before on a Drone it worked then

Watch this video as it doesn't take a rocket scientist to setup one these transmitter. Both the transmitter and monitor/receiver or goggles have to both be in either NTSC or PAL and of course on the same bane/channel.

Funny I've seen that video

How are you powering up the TX on the GoPro? If you intend to use goggles they have a receiver built in. It's obvious from your first and only post in P2 discussions you haven't clue on how to hook this up. In those photos you posted there are two transmitters when there should be a receiver whether it be goggles or diversity monitor.

Got it,it's working the two L250 were no good,I was wondering why the red lights weren't turning on anymore so I bought a new one with new lipo battery and waalaa it's working!Yes I do know you need a tx,receiver and separate power then the GoPro 3,3+ or 4 which I have all three plus a GoPro+LCD,it's working through the fat shark googles,Thank You All For The Help!,,[emoji12][emoji329]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie