Gopro 3 or 3+ ?

Reaction score
Well I have ordered everything I need for my P2 except the Gopro. Have read a few reports about focus issues on the 3+ so have been thinking about getting just the 3 black. Are there any compelling reasons to get the + if I just want to shoot in 1080p 50?. I am only a hobbyist and videos are for personal use rather than professional use if that makes difference.

Also does anyone know of any good deals on the Gopro in the UK?

Many thanks in advance.

xgeek said:
Well I have ordered everything I need for my P2 except the Gopro. Have read a few reports about focus issues on the 3+ so have been thinking about getting just the 3 black. Are there any compelling reasons to get the + if I just want to shoot in 1080p 50?. I am only a hobbyist and videos are for personal use rather than professional use if that makes difference.

Also does anyone know of any good deals on the Gopro in the UK?

Many thanks in advance.
Hold out for a GoPro 4 :cool:
But who knows when that will be :D
GoPro 4 specs

Check here for uk prices .
http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/
Some good deals on e bay just remeber the 3+ is the same size as the 3 its the case thats smaller but the 3+ has much faster wi-fi if you need that ., oh i it has a better battery that last about 2 mins longer! .Check out you tube for good comparisons between the two cameras.
A wee note if you have never done any video editing before using hi def film. I hope you have a good powerfull pc , as i found out when i first started editing that video stuff uses a lot of pc resources.Go and download go pro studio 2.0 from go pro's web site its ok for you tube stuff and the likes and it has been updated now with more functions and its free .This is where you tube is your pal just look for instructional videos and there are loads one guy has a channel called go pro tips and tricks and he has loads of good instructional vids on his channel on how to use the free go pro software.
I purchased Magix movie editor software for around £40 it has a few more bells and whistles than the go pro editing software but i tend to use go pro's own free software now as its got all i need and its much better now its been updated.
Some cracking deals to be has on the 3 black edition depends if you want the latest and greatest.

I had a Silver 3 that flew away with my first Phantom.

I replaced that with a Silver 3+ that has no issues. Got it in early January. It's smaller, the battery life is better, it interacts much more smoothly with the iPhone app, and has faster framerates than the 3 had.

In short, I'm happy with it.

rilot said:
jthorstad said:
IIt's smaller

No it isn't. The 3 and 3+ are exactly the same size.

yup
only the newer 3+ waterproof housing is smaller.

there were a lot of reports that the 3+ had a focus issue, as it was more geared towards close-ups (compromising landscape/aerial photography sharpness, but I imagine that might have been remedied in more recent production.

Gizmo3000 said:
there were a lot of reports that the 3+ had a focus issue, as it was more geared towards close-ups (compromising landscape/aerial photography sharpness, but I imagine that might have been remedied in more recent production.
Those issues have been resolved. I ordered 3+ and I'm actually getting it today. Currently flying with a 3.

If you're shooting video and know how to do corrections in post, get the 3+. The biggest difference is that the 3+ can do 2.7K at medium. So, you can then take that into after effects and do frame correction and stabilization without having the distortion caused by shooting in the wide mode. If you don't plan on doing much post production, it doesn't really matter.

Many thanks guys for all the help and suggestions. Finally went with a Gopro 3 black. Saved a few quid and I am happy it will cover my needs.

Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4