GoPro 3+ Issues?

Reaction score
Hey all! It's me yet again!
I film with a GoPro3+ Black edition, and love it. However, I have two issues that I think are both fixable with a manual white balance (?) but I would like to know which setting etc to use?
One issue is the sky being too white (blowing out), while the ground is fine.
Another is odd - the ground takes on a reddish tint at twilight/heavy heavy cloud. This is not the lights on the drone, I am 99% sure (checked it quite well). I have been told that yet again it is my usage of auto settings. (My protune is off)
Please help me out, I'm sure I'm just being stupid!

Hey all! It's me yet again!
I film with a GoPro3+ Black edition, and love it. However, I have two issues that I think are both fixable with a manual white balance (?) but I would like to know which setting etc to use?
One issue is the sky being too white (blowing out), while the ground is fine.
Another is odd - the ground takes on a reddish tint at twilight/heavy heavy cloud. This is not the lights on the drone, I am 99% sure (checked it quite well). I have been told that yet again it is my usage of auto settings. (My protune is off)
Please help me out, I'm sure I'm just being stupid!

Well I have no use for auto on any camera strickly manual with protune ON. In daylight 5500 k. I do not fly at night so I no idea on which setting to use with the GP.

Last edited:
OK here are some - I'm sure you can tell which are overly white and which are slightly red. The red ones aren't particularly bad in these images, I've had worse, but they give the idea.
Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 21.50.14.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 21.53.04.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 21.54.07.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 21.54.20.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 21.55.03.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 21.55.26.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 21.55.36.png

OK here are some - I'm sure you can tell which are overly white and which are slightly red. The red ones aren't particularly bad in these images, I've had worse, but they give the idea.View attachment 48797View attachment 48841View attachment 48842View attachment 48843View attachment 48844View attachment 48847View attachment 48850

What do you expect from the camera with a fixed f-stop of 2.8 in auto mode without protune turned on. So turn the protune on set it 5500 K and the ISO to 400 and use an ND filter or quit shooting into the sun or pay the price over exposed skyline. Those are your choices.

Also note that the GoPro Hero 3 has a terrible auto white balance (has an overly orange tint) and was fixed in the Hero 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you expect from the camera with a fixed f-stop of 2.8 in auto mode without protune turned on. So turn the protune on set it 5500 K and the ISO to 400 and use an ND filter or quit shooting into the sun or pay the price over exposed skyline. Those are your choices.
It's exactly what I would expect, I was asked to supply images, and I also wondered what settings everyone else was using... thanks for telling me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues