GoPro 3+ Black Edition APP

If you are talking about the WiFi app, the answer is NO. Never put your GoPro in WiFi when flying your Phantom...It will lose control and fly away.

scooter339 said:
So what's the best workaround, a different FPV app for the camera?

I'm not sure at this point if you are talking about the Phantom 2 Vision, or the Phantom 2 (non-vision). I don't know much about the Vision, but regarding the Non-vision, there is no "FPV app" that you would using at this point. Non-vision uses standard FPV equipment including a Video Transmitter you attach to the aircraft, and a video receiver on the ground with goggles or a monitor so you can see.

If you have Phantom V1 or Phantom 2 (non-vision) here's few problems using GoPro app during flight.

-Your remote controller works in the same frequency as the WiFi on your goPro. This can cause problems from unresponsive controls to even a fly-away? Although I've seen videos that have been shot with GoPro with WiFi on. So it's just precaution to turn WiFi off while flying.

-The range of GoPro's wifi is very short.

-THE BIGGEST problem above all is the latency, which is unacceptable by any standard if your planning to fly in FPV. The GoPro 3+ has smaller latency than other GoPro's, but even with that the latency is HUGE. It's like playing a laggy PC-game X 10.

UFOwithaGoPro said:
scooter339 said:

I'm not sure at this point if you are talking about the Phantom 2 Vision, or the Phantom 2 (non-vision). I don't know much about the Vision, but regarding the Non-vision, there is no "FPV app" that you would using at this point. Non-vision uses standard FPV equipment including a Video Transmitter you attach to the aircraft, and a video receiver on the ground with goggles or a monitor so you can see.

I am using the P2 non vision.

i am adding the GoPro 3+ Black and would prefer no latency and a dependable WiFi concoction. Is that possible?

scooter339 said:
UFOwithaGoPro said:
scooter339 said:

I am using the P2 non vision.

i am adding the GoPro 3+ Black and would prefer no latency and a dependable WiFi concoction. Is that possible?

Not over wifi, that's only on the P2 Vision. To get video from your gopro while flying you'll need a video transmitter (5.8Ghz or 1.2 Ghz) and a matching receiver on the ground with a monitor or goggles.

This bundle I am considering buying states:

It includes the GoPro HERO3+ Black Edition action camera, a motorized gimbal to stabilize and control the camera, a wireless video system, an iOSD module, and a portable field monitor. All of the required hardware is installed for you at B&H; you will simply need charge the batteries and follow the pre-flight calibration steps and you'll be ready-to-fly.

The disclaimer to the P2 B+H bundle states:

Warning: Never use the DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter with your GoPro camera when both devices have their Wi-Fi systems turned on. The DJI Phantom 2's Wi-Fi and the GoPro camera's Wi-Fi run on the same frequency, so if you use them together when both Wi-Fi systems are engaged, the DJI Phantom's transmitter will lose the ability to communicate with the DJI Phantom Quadcopter. Whenever this happens, you will not be able to tell the Phantom where to fly. This may result in loss of property or damage to your equipment.

What is an Iosd module and will it perform with little or no latency and stable flying.

Wow I am confused.

the best way to get around the GoPro problem is set up the camera first on the ground, this can be done with an iPad or what ever you are using to set the camera, then switch on the camera before you take off, the first few frames will be un-useable as same as the last when you land, it is all in the planning of your shoot, no difference to what the "pros" do.

chopperflyer said:
the best way to get around the GoPro problem is set up the camera first on the ground, this can be done with an iPad or what ever you are using to set the camera, then switch on the camera before you take off, the first few frames will be un-useable as same as the last when you land, it is all in the planning of your shoot, no difference to what the "pros" do.

Thank you very much for sharing.
Hands across the water!

scooter339 said:

It includes the GoPro HERO3+ Black Edition action camera, a motorized gimbal to stabilize and control the camera, a wireless video system, an iOSD module, and a portable field monitor. All of the required hardware is installed for you at B&H; you will simply need charge the batteries and follow the pre-flight calibration steps and you'll be ready-to-fly.

The disclaimer to the P2 B+H bundle states:

Warning: Never use the DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter with your GoPro camera when both devices have their Wi-Fi systems turned on. The DJI Phantom 2's Wi-Fi and the GoPro camera's Wi-Fi run on the same frequency, so if you use them together when both Wi-Fi systems are engaged, the DJI Phantom's transmitter will lose the ability to communicate with the DJI Phantom Quadcopter. Whenever this happens, you will not be able to tell the Phantom where to fly. This may result in loss of property or damage to your equipment.

What is an Iosd module and will it perform with little or no latency and stable flying.

Wow I am confused.

The bundle you're looking at already includes the video transmitter and receiver installed, 5.8GHz. the iOSD simply overlays telemetry data (battery level, number of sats, distance, etc etc) on your video feed so you can see it while flying, has no effect on latency or flight behavior.

OI Photography said:
scooter339 said:

… The bundle you're looking at already includes the video transmitter and receiver installed, 5.8GHz. the iOSD simply overlays telemetry data (battery level, number of sats, distance, etc etc) on your video feed so you can see it while flying, has no effect on latency or flight behavior.

I'm having buyer's remorse even before I buy. Thanks.

I am not 100% up on the technology yet.

Sounds like you need to do a little more research prior to purchasing.

I'd recommend checking out a Phantom 1.1.1 for $399 and adding a goodluckbuy gimbal for $80.

kydan said:

I'd recommend checking out a Phantom 1.1.1 for $399 and adding a goodluckbuy gimbal for $80.

I would not suggest buying a goodluckbuy gimbal as it probably weights around 300 - 400 grams. The Zenmuse, even if its costly weights only 72grams (and with GoPro attached it weights around 230grams.)

Less weight
-More flight time
-You can add more stuff, OSD, video transmitter etc.

And to be honest the 2000$ + price is bit high in my opinion!

Miika said:
kydan said:

I would not suggest buying a goodluckbuy gimbal as it probably weights around 300 - 400 grams. The Zenmuse, even if its costly weights only 72grams (and with GoPro attached it weights around 230grams.)

Less weight
-More flight time
-You can add more stuff, OSD, video transmitter etc.

And to be honest the 2000$ + price is bit high in my opinion!

It comes with a Stabilized Phantom 2 Gimbal. Does the Zenmuse require installation to the P2 electronics?

I am looking to do the same thing - fly with goggles using this set up: Phantom 2 (non-vision) paired with GoPro 3+ Black Edition and Zenmuse H3-3d 3-axis Gimbal.

a) Which transmitter / goggles are recommended? FatShark?

b) Am I reading correctly that one should start up the camera, then start up the Phantom 2?

Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4