Google Pixel and a P2

Reaction score
I am very , very new to drones but recently bought a used Phantom 2 Vision. I was able to connect my Pixel to the wifi but not the Vision app. I then tried my Ipad 2 and it was the same thing. I talked to the guy I bought it from and he suggested a Ipod with wifi. So I found a used one on Ebay, a Ipod 4 version 6.1. I can't seem to even get that to connect to the Phantoms Wifi. Any advice on just what device I should or can use to be able to connect the camera to the device so I can see what I am filming?

I was able to get my Pixel connected to the Phantoms Wifi and then it would show connected in Vision , then I would scan the SSID code in and click on camera and it would say wifi disconnected but where it says camera, settings, ect it still shows connected. Anyone know how to fix that?

Reactions: David Bruce Kerr
Sounds like you need to preform a Ping Test. Your Wi-Fi module might be bad. Or you might try
rebinding the camera & Range Extender. I would try the rebinding first. Good luck.

How to diagnose broken DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Wi-Fi FPV module:

1. turn on vision+, extender, smartphone, dji vision app, see blank live video screen
2. using notebook/pc connect to Wi-Fi network "Phantom_xxxxx"
3. Right click on start and seclect command prompt (windows 8)
4. ping 192.168.1.2
If ping succesfull, your wifi-extender is alive and can connect to Phantom's Wi-Fi (binding is ok).
5. ping 192.168.1.1
If ping succesfull, TOP PCB board of Wi-Fi FPV module is alive
6. ping 192.168.1.10
If ping succesfull, BOTTOM PCB BOARD of WI-Fi FPV module is alive.
If ping fails - bottom PCB board (marked WM301_DM368) is broken

Reactions: Jwd62

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20