Google Maps Failure on Android

Map is not showing up where? In the DJI app or in google maps. You have to have Google maps app, open it and have it show your location. Then when you open the DJI app the map will show up since you cached it via the Google maps.

Map is not showing up where? In the DJI app or in google maps. You have to have Google maps app, open it and have it show your location. Then when you open the DJI app the map will show up since you cached it via the Google maps.
Map not showing in the DJI pilot app. I also deleted some Google services to give more RAM to my tablet. Maybe I should add some services?

Two different things.
If you do not have internet connection in the field, the app in your tablet can't download the maps for the area you are flying.
But this is no problem. You can cache the maps (store them in cache memory) at home before you fly.
Open the app at home .. click on the camera icon .. click on the small map in the bottom left to make that full screen .. and find the place you want to fly.
Look around that area at the detail level you want to see .. and that's it.
You have now cached that map and it should be available when you go out to fly that location.

Two different things.
If you do not have internet connection in the field, the app in your tablet can't download the maps for the area you are flying.
But this is no problem. You can cache the maps (store them in cache memory) at home before you fly.
Open the app at home .. click on the camera icon .. click on the small map in the bottom left to make that full screen .. and find the place you want to fly.
Look around that area at the detail level you want to see .. and that's it.
You have now cached that map and it should be available when you go out to fly that location.
Will try that. I'll Keep you posted. Thanks

Hi there, Daniel. How did your test go? I´m trying to do the same and it´s not working. I cached my google maps app (offline option under Asus Zenfone 2 and also Galaxy S5), but when I fly my Phantom 3 Standard, I can´t see the map. Any hints?

Hi there, Daniel. How did your test go? I´m trying to do the same and it´s not working. I cached my google maps app (offline option under Asus Zenfone 2 and also Galaxy S5), but when I fly my Phantom 3 Standard, I can´t see the map. Any hints?
Forget Google Maps ... you cache maps in the DJI app.
Follow the instructions in post #6 above

Reactions: yankee65
Hi again, Meta4.
I guess I jumped the gun on my last reply. How will DJI app get the map if I will be connected to the P3 controller via WiFi instead of my home Internet WiFi?
Is there anyway I can connect to the RC and my Internet WiFi at the same time?
I mean, I must be connected to the RC in order to get to the camera view and the maps view, right?
So, I am new to P3 and if you could help me out I would appreciate your help again.
Thanks again.

Hi again, Meta4.
I guess I jumped the gun on my last reply. How will DJI app get the map if I will be connected to the P3 controller via WiFi instead of my home Internet WiFi?
You don't need the R/C controller or your Phantom ... just your phone or tablet and some wifi.
Open the app on your tablet, enter the camera view, open the map window and look around the area you want to fly at the detail level you like.
That's it ... you just cached your map.

You don't need the R/C controller or your Phantom ... just your phone or tablet and some wifi.
Open the app on your tablet, enter the camera view, open the map window and look around the area you want to fly at the detail level you like.
That's it ... you just cached your map.

Hi Meta4,

As I've not done this without being connected to the R/C etc I thought I would give what you said above a try, however all did not go to plan. Any ideas why?

Without being connected to my R/C and the P4 my Android Tablet when the DJI app is started only shows the Inspire 1 (presumable as it has no P4 contact to identify with), if you touch the INSPIRE1RAW title to try and select another model it only then shows the Insp 1 RAW, the Insp 1 Pro & the Inspire 1 ( no camera mode is available, only 'how to connect' is shown which when selected shows you how to connect to your bird and controller). If I tap the 'Academy' icon I can then select a P4 but that won't go to camera. So it appears I can only get into camera mode (on the P4) on the app when the system is connected. Not that this is a big problem as that is the way I have been doing it anyway.

Any comments please, just to help my understanding of this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20