Google Earth Pro is now free

Reaction score
This could be useful for helping to plan flights..

Google Earth Pro is now free

Google Earth Pro, the premium version of Google's popular Google Earth service, is now free. Google sliced the price from $400 a year, so this is a pretty solid deal. If you like to make 3D measurements or create HD videos of virtual trips around the world, I'd jump on this. You can download the software key directly from Google and start an online global journey.

If you spent the past ten years paying $400 for the service, this news is probably annoying. Unlike standard Google Earth, Google Earth Pro comes with a suite of professional-grade features, like a map-making tool. It's not clear why Google decided on this freebie.

WOW! Will check that out!
UPDATE: Be careful just where you download it from. Many sites have a ton of junk added in you may not want. Server also down. Maybe overload.

Saw this on SD. Got my key in seconds.

Maybe they just have a lot of traffic right now as Torqued said ,but I did try and check my G mail right after and I had to sign in again to it and have never had that to happen ! Will just try again later .

Just tried from official Google Earth site and no problem until key. I wrote it down purfect and entered. No go. Did a copy and past from Email message from google of key and went through, no problem.
Now have to see what is different....

I retried the signup link in Chrome and it worked. Perhaps there is some issue with using Firefox to sign up. I tried Firefox right before Chrome and still saw the "Uncompleted License Key request" message.

I tried quite a few times last night and never got past the registration key page.

Tried again just now and it worked.

I think its a 7 day trial key

IrishSights said:
I think its a 7 day trial key
Well at least they did not get a credit card number so they can't rob us after 7 days. Lets hope not, but you do have a good point.

dirkclod said:
Same here :?

I signed up with no problem. Perhaps if one entered a business name, etc., it might work. :)

You didn't hear it from me.

PhantomFanatic said:
dirkclod said:
Same here :?

I signed up with no problem. Perhaps if one entered a business name, etc., it might work. :)

You didn't hear it from me.
Tried that too ;) ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj