Google Earth: Do You See What I See? (aviation related)

Reaction score
If you have Google Earth, please go to the following coords:

43 53' 27.50" N 69 56' 04.47" W

Now I think this is quite the coincidence. They come here every other year or so, but for the SatCams to capture them here? Odds are astronomical.

See anything else there interesting?

Some of those jets are special. They're blue and yellow.

SB
Hmmm .. I think I see two WWII error planes in Invasion Day stripes, but I thought one was a P47D ... but the blue and gold planes! C'mon flyers! Way special .. I also see a C-130 I think, a P3-Orion .. and that largeish brute might be a K-5 Tanker? Also looks like a Mitchel (B24) .. hard to tell from up here!

Can't believe the SatCams coincided with this little event!

Also, next to the "Jug", isn't that a pair of V22s?

Also, while your checking out the "Angels", go to 43 54' 13.90" N 69 48' 39.57" W, just a stones throw to the east from the original coords in this thread, you will see sitting in its final staging dock what analysts are calling the most dangerous machine on the face of the earth. (This is the Zumwalt - it sailed on it's maiden voyage this spring. 2 more are currently being built in the precise position as this as we speak.) It's a dangerous world.

It is neato when Google uses images like these of an airshow instead of just showing an empty field.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj