Google earth and Litchi

Reaction score
Experimenting with making path in Google earth Pro and loading in Litchi, here is what I have done:

Going up
Starting point alt 53m , start flying at 30m(Waypoint 1). Litchi shows waypoint 1 Alt 30m
Finish point alt 68 m Litchi shows finish waypoint alt 46 m
Litchi displays:Gound elevation 68m(16m above first waypoint)
30+16=46m
I agree with that.

Now going down:
Starting point alt 68m, start flying at 30m(Waypoint1). Litchi shows waypoint 1 alt 30m,
Finish point alt 53m Litchi shows finish waypoint alt 14m
Litchi display: Ground elevation 53m (16m below first waypoint)
30-16=14m
I agree with that.

My question is: at the end of the down leg my Phantom will be at 14m or 30m over the ground?

Good question, I wish I knew... I was wondering, when on litchi, and In "F" mode, what would happen if you did waypoints and as your drone flew them it lost Communication with remote? Would it try to come home? Also if it lost video feed it would still record video to the sd card inside the gimbal correct? And say you were to make waypoints really far out passed your radio signal.. And you wanted to cancel the waypoints and just come home, but you have zero communication with the drone, how would you go about getting it back? Could you switch back to "P" mode and it would come back?

Once it's in "F" mode I guess what I'm asking is .. Will the drone know when to come back to you if it looses signal during waypoints.. And can you still use the rth function as long as you have gps signal but are not in "p" mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being new in the Phantom world I am like you and ask myself plenty of questions.
I think that if you loose connection during a Litchi mission the drone will finish the mission (So return to you!!)

Good question, I wish I knew... I was wondering, when on litchi, and In "F" mode, what would happen if you did waypoints and as your drone flew them it lost Communication with remote? Would it try to come home? Also if it lost video feed it would still record video to the sd card inside the gimbal correct? And say you were to make waypoints really far out passed your radio signal.. And you wanted to cancel the waypoints and just come home, but you have zero communication with the drone, how would you go about getting it back? Could you switch back to "P" mode and it would come back?

Once it's in "F" mode I guess what I'm asking is .. Will the drone know when to come back to you if it looses signal during waypoints.. And can you still use the rth function as long as you have gps signal but are not in "p" mode

I can easily answer that. I actually fly litchi waypoints and lose signal, it carries on the mission and comes back. Scary as hell, my mission is 8 mins and 6 of them mins is with out signal. Done it 4 times and it still gives me a buzz every time lol

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Newguy16 and Cadbob
A buzz! I would say! Haha.. But what if say.. You were running a 8min mission, and after 8 min you don't see it yet but even tho it's prolly still fine doing what it does in the mission, you want it back cuz you are freaked out.. Can you just press the rth and have it come back? Or will you need to switch to "p" mode fast and then hit rth? Or will it just not return to home at all untill it's done with its mission? This is what I really wanna know cuz I don't wanna use the waypoints untill I know this.. Also, does the same apply for "track" or anything else? If it flys away, and you get scared and want it to rth. How exactly would you go about doing that? Switch to "p" then hit rth? Or cancel the mission/track, then hit rth while in "f" mode? These are the things I wanna fully understand before using it lol

I can easily answer that. I actually fly litchi waypoints and lose signal, it carries on the mission and comes back. Scary as hell, my mission is 8 mins and 6 of them mins is with out signal. Done it 4 times and it still gives me a buzz every time lol

I would say from my experience with it so far it continues on its waypoints after loss of signal 99% of the time for me. Last time I flew, I had 100% battery and as soon as it flew out of signal it went into RTH I don't know why and it scares the crap out of me that it did that because if I'm flying at a certain height to avoid objects I don't want it to RTH and go back at a lower attitude.

A buzz! I would say! Haha.. But what if say.. You were running a 8min mission, and after 8 min you don't see it yet but even tho it's prolly still fine doing what it does in the mission, you want it back cuz you are freaked out.. Can you just press the rth and have it come back? Or will you need to switch to "p" mode fast and then hit rth? Or will it just not return to home at all untill it's done with its mission? This is what I really wanna know cuz I don't wanna use the waypoints untill I know this.. Also, does the same apply for "track" or anything else? If it flys away, and you get scared and want it to rth. How exactly would you go about doing that? Switch to "p" then hit rth? Or cancel the mission/track, then hit rth while in "f" mode? These are the things I wanna fully understand before using it lol

The whole point of the mission is for it to fly in areas you can't do which includes loss of signal. You can RTH if you switch in P mode but only if you have signal. I sent it on another mission today, talking to strangers, they see it fly off, we chatted, no hands on the controller....6 mins later it comes back lol. Do a few waypoint missions that you can keep an eye on... And when you are confident enough.... go out of sight. Such a buzz lol

Experimenting with making path in Google earth Pro and loading in Litchi, here is what I have done:

Going up
Starting point alt 53m , start flying at 30m(Waypoint 1). Litchi shows waypoint 1 Alt 30m
Finish point alt 68 m Litchi shows finish waypoint alt 46 m
Litchi displays:Gound elevation 68m(16m above first waypoint)
30+16=46m
I agree with that.

Now going down:
Starting point alt 68m, start flying at 30m(Waypoint1). Litchi shows waypoint 1 alt 30m,
Finish point alt 53m Litchi shows finish waypoint alt 14m
Litchi display: Ground elevation 53m (16m below first waypoint)
30-16=14m
I agree with that.

My question is: at the end of the down leg my Phantom will be at 14m or 30m over the ground?

This works well:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

SB

Thanks, I know this video and is after seeing it that I create my own paths and even succeed to fly it.
But doesn't answer my question, or did I missed something?

Starting point alt 53m , start flying at 30m(Waypoint 1)

I'm confused. Are you taking off at 53 meters ASL? The other confusion is the "going up" and "going down?"

Can you add the link to your mission on Mission Hub?

SB

Sorry for that, I am French so my English is not that good.

53 m is the altitude of the departing point given by Google earth when I put my cursor at this point. At this (53m) I add 30m to fly over the ground.(Finishing point at 68m(google) +30m)
By "going up" I mean traveling from the lowest point (53m+30m) to a higher point (The end of my path 68m+30m)
"going down" traveling from the highest point ( 68m+30m) to the lowest one (End of my path 53m+30)

Hope my explanation is better

Your English is a heck of a lot better than my French...

Are you exporting the KLM file to Litchi's Mission Hub and then adjusting your waypoint elevation from there?

SB

No I just export it and read the value of the way point.
On the way up at the last waypoint I read 46m which correct
On the way down at the last waypoint I read 14m

I got it now, my mistake was to do two separate missions, one uphill the other downhill.
Now I had done one mission only going uphill and returning downhill. The altitude of the drone stays the same following the terrain.
The altitude of the drone is relative to the altitude of the departing point.
So I am not going to die stupid!!!!!

Thanks anyway to all trying to help me

Ok so basically if you create waypoints that are out of your signal range.. And sometbing so happends to go wrong.. Which I get it is very slim as long as your setting waypoints correctly.. But if something were to happen and go wrong, and you want it to rth.. Your basically SOL? Cuz if you have no signal than you wouldn't be able to rth.. So in which case I guess you would just have to hope and pray you get some kind of signal back so that you can push rth function .. Otherwise , if you have signal, and it's doing a waypoint, all you gotta do is switch to "p"mode during its mission, and press rth button and it will rth.. Do I have this right? Also what I just said will stand true to any other autonomous flight like tracking or orbit correct? And the same rules would apply if using the dji go app?

Sorry I'm new to all the autonomous flights and I just wanna make sure I fully understand before I try. God forbid I run I to an issue I wanna know how and that I can bring it back

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.