Google CardBoard.

Reaction score
Somebody knows if it is possible to use google cardboard or similiar with dji app? (For FPV)

Thanks.

Yes I made one out of google cardboard. I used (two power reading glasses) for lenses and unique access to be able to use touch screen during flight.

I'm also working on it for my son (I myself have the Cinemizer plus), the problem is you need split screen for the DJI app ;)
I have a couple of hours sought how to get the DJI app twice on your screen, and found nothing :|
This is what I have bought:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-to- ... 63626.html

M.Tigelaar said:
I'm also working on it for my son (I myself have the Cinemizer plus), the problem is you need split screen for the DJI app ;)
I have a couple of hours sought how to get the DJI app twice on your screen, and found nothing :|

ohh, Ok i understand!!. Then, if you only split DJI in two you have the chance to see it wide. I have android galaxy Note 3 and is multitasking. I can run two apps at the same time. May be if i run two instance of DJI App and arrange it on screen simulating split it could work. The 2 two instance wil be running the same at excatly the same time. Do you think that will work? Thanks :idea:

I think not, because your connection with your phantom can be only 1 time :|

Correct. I wanted to fly via an iPhone on the controller while others nearby watched the same image on an iPad. I was unable to have the two separate apps connect at the same time. It was one or the other.

MapMaker53 said:
Correct. I wanted to fly via an iPhone on the controller while others nearby watched the same image on an iPad. I was unable to have the two separate apps connect at the same time. It was one or the other.

You can mirror an iPhone or (most) Android phones/tablets to a second screen using an MHL cable or HDMI output cable. That might accomplish what you want.

RobertMfromLI said:
MapMaker53 said:

You can mirror an iPhone or (most) Android phones/tablets to a second screen using an MHL cable or HDMI output cable. That might accomplish what you want.

Yes I know, I use that for my cinemizer,
But we need this at one screen for the Google thing :

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 1,452
Litchi supports google cardboard. My goggles show up today. If it stops raining, I'll test them tonight.

I have used Google cardboard ( a more sturdy plastic version) with Litchi on my P2V+ for a while now. Works great!! Amazing difference from the washed out tablet view. Not bad with resolution or lag on my S4.

Oh...in addition, you can use them during a GS mission or Orbit as long as you stay in range....

Did a 15 minute flight. It is wierd in that the sounds don't always martch what you see, but it is definitely easier to fly. There seems to be a bug in the P2V. When you look down the gimbal bounces back and forth.

You can change that at the bottom of the main Litchi setup menu. Look for Gimbal Gesture Control.

That setting also prevents any gimbal movement, so it is locked wherever it is at when you swith to VR mode. I want to be able to control the pitch of the gimbal by looking down. Unfortunately, it is not controlled. If I tip down, the gimbal rocks back and forth between up and down positions, completely outside my movements.

I got these ones from Aliexpress.com: Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is VR BOX Virtual Reality Glasses 3d Movies Games for 4.7" - 6.0" Smart Phone Professional Cardboard+Bluetooth Wireless Control. Nice looking, and work good. The included bluetooth controller is useless. there is a version for $5 less without it. Also beware that, unlike the description, they don't have the magnet for google carboard functionality. I am contemplating opening a dispute bvecause of this discrepency.

If you own an iPhone try this DroneVR app. Does split screen with head tracking and even camera control via voice recognition. Works perfect with my Inspire 1. For the P2 Vision+ the app even is free.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj