Goodluckbuy Gimbal Setup Help

Reaction score
I have a Martinez Board

Loaded BruGi_049B_r161.zip (all loaded well)

When I use the GUI the gimbal just shakes and makes crazy moves all over the place.

Can someone using the GUI from BruGi_049B_r161 list or take some screenshots of their settings

I have been at this for 2 days with no luck.

Thanks

Are you powering the gimbal ? that is connect to the usb port and also power gimbal with battery.

which goodluckbuy gimbal? it prolly already comes with firmware setup and all you have to do is power it. If you managed to fash it (not recommended if it has preloaded firmware) then you are going to have to reset the PID values, which I had to do with that rctimer gimbal way back. This is kind of a ***** and can take some time and level of frustration.

I recommend that you plug it into to a JST connector (make sure you connect +/- correctly) and it will probably just work. Use a 4S battery preferably.

This might help if you flashed it: http://garagepilots.com/forum/topics/go ... e=activity

There are a few other posts on this board on the subject, just search for good luck buy

peace.

By swapping the XY-Axis I was able to get the gimbal to stop going crazy

It now does power up and work as I rotate it. But there is a slight vibration, and not sure where to start to remove the vibration.

Here are screenshots of my settings

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 1,096
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 1,117
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 1,101
I have that gimbal. The stock P.I.D.'s made the gimbal's reaction times way too slow. The gimbal was always playing "catch-up" to the movements of the Phantom. The only way I could get it to work was to flash it with SimpleBGC_1_3b1_null.hex . Then tune with SimpleBGC_GUI_1_3.exe . No other FW worked for me. 1.3b1 is pretty old but at least it works. Here's a video of it in action [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XKr957q8I8[/youtube]
BTW I'm using the Txmtr pitch mod...it works great. As an aside, I agree with the previous post...the Phantom isn't suited for a gimbal (at least this one). This beast weighs 215g without the GoPro2. My flight times have shrunk from around 8-9 mins to 4-5. Let's just say that flight planning is critical now.

Can I ask why people are flashing the gimbal with other firmware?
It works straight out of the box with no flashing or configuration at all.

I'm sure I have read you shouldn't flash it ,as the software is on it pre installed??

Hope it works just out the box as I'm waiting for mine in the post :D

Nwales said:

Mine did. Hooked up power and pitch controls. Switched it on and it worked perfectly straight away.
No messing about with firmware, no soldering, no P I D tuning.

rilot said:
Nwales said:

Mine did. Hooked up power and pitch controls. Switched it on and it worked perfectly straight away.
No messing about with firmware, no soldering, no P I D tuning.
thats good to hear :D mine should be here any day now ,im itching to set it up an get flying with it :lol:

rilot said:
Can I ask why people are flashing the gimbal with other firmware?
It works straight out of the box with no flashing or configuration at all.

I also flew my GoodLuckBuy Gimbal straight out of the box. This is sample of my second test. I am very pleased with quality. I did connect the power to the balance line which also power my fvp transmitter. Once I am able to modify the TX I would like to connect the pitch control. Could someone tell me which port to plug the line into? And I assume I will need to activate the NAZA gimbal in the setup?

http://youtu.be/1QE87HKNSPg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QE87HKNSPg[/youtube]

Notice the thumb tacks I had to use to raise the height for the gimbal to clear.

Attachments

• IMG_0264.jpg
    IMG_0264.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 373

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20