Goodbye MavicPilots, Hello PhantomPilots!

Reaction score
After months of waiting for my Mavic on the MavicPilots site and now cancelling my order with Jessops UK, I have got my hands on a P4P and wanted to say hello to everyone on here!

This is what I got up to with my old P3P (before a faulty battery killing it a month later!):

Please do let me know what you think about my old P3P footage so that I can really nail some good shots on my new P4P (if the weather perks up at all any time soon!!!) :D

Reactions: dirkclod
After months of waiting for my Mavic on the MavicPilots site and now cancelling my order with Jessops UK, I have got my hands on a P4P and wanted to say hello to everyone on here!

This is what I got up to with my old P3P (before a faulty battery killing it a month later!):

Please do let me know what you think about my old P3P footage so that I can really nail some good shots on my new P4P (if the weather perks up at all any time soon!!!) :D

Nice footage man, can I ask what software you use to edit video footage? Do you speed all of your footage up? I'm guess you fly pretty slow to get less notice n the yaw pitch? Keep up the good work.

U.K. Side pushing the Phantom 4. Peace

Nice footage man, can I ask what software you use to edit video footage? Do you speed all of your footage up? I'm guess you fly pretty slow to get less notice n the yaw pitch? Keep up the good work.

Thanks! I used Final Cut X - If you're a Windows guy, I'd start off by using Sony Vegas (but I haven't used Windows for video in 5 or so years). A lot of it I kept the drone moving slowly so that I could have the option to keep it slow or just speed it up. If you keep it moving slow (from what I have found), it's hard to keep it moving straight (try drawing a circle slow then try drawing one fast and see which one will come out better kind of thing!). Also, some of it I think I slowed down very slightly. I was able to slow it down only slightly as I was recording at 30fps and exporting at 24fps doesn't allow you to slow it sown too much without it getting choppy.

Thanks! I used Final Cut X - If you're a Windows guy, I'd start off by using Sony Vegas (but I haven't used Windows for video in 5 or so years). A lot of it I kept the drone moving slowly so that I could have the option to keep it slow or just speed it up. If you keep it moving slow (from what I have found), it's hard to keep it moving straight (try drawing a circle slow then try drawing one fast and see which one will come out better kind of thing!). Also, some of it I think I slowed down very slightly. I was able to slow it down only slightly as I was recording at 30fps and exporting at 24fps doesn't allow you to slow it sown too much without it getting choppy.

Thanks, I'm on iOS. Is this what you mean? ProCutX for Final Cut Pro X by Pixel Film Studios https://appsto.re/gb/l7kLJ.i

Thanks, I'm on iOS. Is this what you mean? ProCutX for Final Cut Pro X by Pixel Film Studios https://appsto.re/gb/l7kLJ.i

I meant on Mac OS. You cannot get Final Cut Pro X on iOS. If you want to do some "serious" editing, use a Windows or MacOS machine. iOS is fine for some light editing but you're pretty limited in a lot of different ways using a mobile device (iOS or Android device).

Reactions: BfDaddio
I meant on Mac OS. You cannot get Final Cut Pro X on iOS. If you want to do some "serious" editing, use a Windows or MacOS machine. iOS is fine for some light editing but you're pretty limited in a lot of different ways using a mobile device (iOS or Android device).

Hmmm if only you knew..... I'm a newb to drones, let along photography/videography ha ha. Do you advise a newb jump into final cut x? Thanks

Hmmm if only you knew..... I'm a newb to drones, let along photography/videography ha ha. Do you advise a newb jump into final cut x? Thanks

Well I am no pro, I've edited loads of video while in college but hardly touched it since then (4 years ago) and since only had to do the basic bits for University and work. I personally don't see why not just dive straight into Final Cut... I'm still learning it when mucking about with my new Phantom. Loads of help online is out there and I find common sense is a big factor too. If you don't have a chunk of cash laying around or a business or university who buy it, I would start out with iMovie which is free (the iOS version is very much a dumbed down version though).

Reactions: hotashes
I've got the Mavic - literally take it everywhere and getting some spectacular photos / footage. My P4 is sat in the corner: great machine but boy it gets heavy to lug around. The P4P looks fantastic but...same problem. I couldn't throw it in a shoulder 'man' bag and take it on my long walks. Each to their own - but I'm very pleased with my Mavic.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: hotashes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav