Good windsurfers?

The antennas emit the signal forwards and backwards, in very simple terms by putting these behind it reflects the lost signal forwards instead of through you and into nowhere so you'll have near on 100% of your signal being used for the benefit of distance

Reactions: Digdat0
The antennas emit the signal forwards and backwards, in very simple terms by putting these behind it reflects the lost signal forwards instead of through you and into nowhere so you'll have near on 100% of your signal being used for the benefit of distance
The reflectors also help prevent rogue Wi-Fi signals from behind you from interfering with your video reception from the craft.

Mine are all aluminum. I notice many sold are copper or aluminum in plastic housing.
There are a few threads that discuss this comparison and the posters in all of them say they don't notice a difference.

I have yet to test them (Homemade Windsufers.) on my controller but I did put them on my WiFi extender for my house and it added about 30 feet outdoors.

Are these known to be useful?

I have yet to test them (Homemade Windsufers.) on my controller but I did put them on my WiFi extender for my house and it added about 30 feet outdoors.
Are these known to be useful?

i started with a few pairs of homemade windsurfers, i think they worked quite well. i used pie tins, nerf darts, hot glue, plastic bottle, rubber bands, paperclips and such .. here's a few pics. they helped me get a few thousand feet further.

5KTNghY.jpg

oILCoDA.jpg

Well I finally got around to testing the homemade Tom Tech Time version and they are a big improvement. When I flew due north from my farm field I fly at at 200 feet altitude I would get a interruption of video signal at a little over 1,800 feet. With the Windsurfers I sailed right on by that to 4,800 feet were I turned east and then returned. I did a test heading east and made it to 6,022 feet where I lost video but RC was still solid. I could not get video to connect again on the return trip. Can I reboot the app to reconnect? Or is that a bad idea?

I ordered a plastic copper Windsurfer as these obviously work really well for the investment.

Can I reboot the app to reconnect? Or is that a bad idea?
Since the Phantom is controlled by the remote controller, restarting the app will not interrupt your flight.

Reactions: MicRod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20