good ole fashioned common sense

Reaction score
goes a long way!!!

there would be a lot less gut wrenching Phantom deaths if the pilot would follow this simple guideline.
if you don't want to drop off a cliff stay the hell away from the edge!
after paying to repair my nephews phantom for a power line incident I had this solemn advice for him
upon launch TAKE BIRD ABOVE THE HIGHEST OBSTACLE Immediately!
if you don't want to hit something STAY ABOVE IT DURING YOUR DRONE FLIGHT!
he's had multiple great flights since

Good advice

molto buoni consigli

Whelp... Can't see anything wrong with the advice.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

if you don't want to hit something STAY ABOVE IT DURING YOUR DRONE FLIGHT!
That is fine when one sets out on this journey. However, you should also advise him to practice flying the quad properly. There are many examples, but filming action sports, real estate, those very cliffs you mention, bridges, lighthouses, canyons and so on, they all become very boring very quickly if only ever seen from 150 ft up.

Take it slow and easy in wide open spaces, but he must practice and get used to flying below the proverbial "tree line" if he wants to get good footage. This includes ATTI mode flying, mission planning, reading terrain elevations, setting parameters such as RTH altitude. Common sense applies to all these things as well.

Reactions: DAVEJF
Take it slow and easy in wide open spaces, but he must practice and get used to flying below the proverbial "tree line" if he wants to get good footage.

So true...there is a lot of boring aerial footage looking down on everything. I tend to think of mine like a technocrane without the crane, with many of the best shots happening right on the floor...which is also the most demanding flying, often requiring a second set of eyes.

As for common sense...next time let him fork out a few cents for his own repairs and see if his second thoughts don't get a little more common :D

Reactions: Zeprider
Good advice
He lives right next to a pacific ocean bay, and it's the coolest thing to fly out and check out passing boats, sunsets. Etc from the porch. A buddy of his thought it was cool idea to go flying after dark.
So true...there is a lot of boring aerial footage looking down on everything. I tend to think of mine like a technocrane without the crane, with many of the best shots happening right on the floor...which is also the most demanding flying, often requiring a second set of eyes.

As for common sense...next time let him fork out a few cents for his own repairs and see if his second thoughts don't get a little more common :D
His porch overlooks a Pacific Ocean bay. Nothing like checking out a sailboat from a second story porch, his buddy brought over his p3 and that's when things got out of hand

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.