Good day from South Africa

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a P4 pro that I want to use for topographical surveys using GCP's to achieve 2 centimeter vertical accuracy and to only generate xyz files in .txt format so I can import it into my other design software. I currently do terrestrial surveys using Trimble RTK base and rover.

My question is about post processing software. I have been looking around and see Pix4d, Photoscan, DroneMapper, MapsMade Easy etc. and they all are in the same price bracket when wanting to use GCP's but it seems overkill for me as I am only interested in the xyz file to create a topo layer in my other software.

Is there another option you guys that survey are aware of that is less expensive? I do see Precision Hawk have a free PrecisionMapper option that allows GCP's but limits the amount surveys to 5 per month and 300GB data in total so I can start using that but I need something for the long term.

Thank you for your comments and inputs.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Welcome to Phantom Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA, I prefer Maps Made Easy these days because you don't have to have a subscription. You can add GCP's on MME at no additional charge, though I haven't done it yet. Fly safe!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20