Gone Fishing

ianwood

Taco Wrangler
Reaction score
This isn’t the first time I’ve been called an a**hole. It's OK. I didn’t make the effort over the compass issue to win a popularity contest. I started it because I recognized there was a serious defect impacting a lot of people. The goal always was GET THE FIRMWARE FIXED. If someone interfered with that goal, they probably got a mouthful from me. Apologies if you were offended.

Many waited quietly. Many did whatever they could to help. A few noisy detractors aside, I am extremely grateful for all the effort that so many people have put into it. It was a great team effort. I’d work with you guys anytime. And I appreciate people coming to my defense but there’s no need. As they say, no good deed goes unpunished. I don’t care as long as the firmware is released.

I am taking a break from this place for a while. The timing is right. The firmware will be out any day now. All the work on the beta is done. I’ve spent more time on this site than is healthy and my work now has me flying all over the country every week. My big video project is done and I now have 6 weekends to finish building a race car. And frankly, I am sick of taking crap from a handful of self-serving cry babies.

To all the rest, I will be back soon. Fly safely.

P.S. I leave you with some comic relief courtesy of ThatRobbGuy. Click here.

Ian,

I've been on this board for over a year and I've witnessed what you've done. That sad fact is that this board is filled with newbs that want to be spoonfed. I've got money and time put into this and have tried to give back what I know, but it gets pretty irritating dealing with some of the people on here.

I'm grateful for your work on the Futaba profiles and the forthcoming update and so much more. Anyway, just wanted to let you know you're appreciated and Fvck the douches.

Indeed.

Although I honestly didn't put any work into the project, I do appreciate everyone's hard work that contributed. Seriously, what other brand of UAVs are out there that has this much support to make things right?

I really hope everyone's hard work pays of and I'm looking forward to it.

Enjoy the downtime, Ian!

Hey Ian

While the trolls talk **** you need to know how many of us out here truly appreciate all your efforts on the compass issue. I'm sorry the last few weeks has left you with a sour taste in your mouth and I understand why you're taking a break. Just know there are way more of us who have enormous respect for what you have done for this community than the minority that have been talking such ********. What would those trolls done if you hadn't run the campaign in the first place? We wouldn't be anywhere as close as we are now to a solution.

I'm in a -19 MD area, an ocean away from you, but know I'll be toasting you when the new firmware arrives.

Best
Adam

PS I was was looking forward to your v5 Futaba profile too - so thanks trolls for screwing that up for a lot of us too.

Before you go I will just say thanks! I am a newbie and have been sitting in the back row just listening and absorbing. I also would like to say thanks for your efforts on the 14SG thread, Mine is working great. Enjoy your time away and looking forward to your return.

Dear Ian,

I need not dare to speak for others : Thank You!!!! for your personal commitment to see this problem through to the end...

It feels like negotiating or bargaining a collective agreement ...

if you are fishing....

May they bite big and often my friend!!!....

LOL Ian ya kinda asked for it,,, lol Often you telling people that posting on Facebook does SFA. I finally got a reply from them but I know they read every one of my dozen or so posts and other contact attempts. You have to learn to chill a bit man.

Attachments

• dji facebook reply.JPG
    dji facebook reply.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 515
Ian, your posts on this subject and many others are well written, logical and insightful. Your advice has been spot on and helped me become better at this quad thing. Thanks and don't stay away too long.

Ian,

Just want to stop by and say: nice job sir. I did very little in comparison but I did appreciate the chance to help the community by testing and providing feedback. Thanks for that.

Judging by the stories of the upgrading pilots, you can claim mission accomplished.

Now, what are we gonna tackle next?? :).

Count me in.

I'm sure you didn't mean that how it sounded.

Andy T said:
LOL Ian ya kinda asked for it,,, lol Often you telling people that posting on Facebook does SFA. I finally got a reply from them but I know they read every one of my dozen or so posts and other contact attempts. You have to learn to chill a bit man.

adanac said:

Andy T said:

I'm sure that he did.

sar104 said:
adanac said:

Andy T said:

I'm sure that he did.

Haha sar104 ain't no dummy.

I been meaning to ask, did you ever get your jhook and TBE issues sorted out?

Andy T said:
I been meaning to ask, did you ever get your jhook and TBE issues sorted out?

Various issues (travel, work and then an extended search and rescue mission) have so far prevented me from testing even the second 3.05 beta, let alone 3.06. I'm hoping to get out today.

Thanks for the support guys. Things are going from busy to busier with all the offers coming but I'll be checking in from time to time.

Ian,
Thanks for the assistance you and the Drunken Sparrows have provided all of us in this hobby/commercial enterprise. Thank you too for any assistance you have provided so I can understand my Phantoms with either direct or indirect advice through this forum.

Best of success in your pursuits and pending offers, whatever that may mean to you.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1