Golf Cart Solutions using GPS

Reaction score
Hello,

I will be shooting a golf course flyover, the location lets say has a mile radius.

I will be inside a golf cart racing behind the vision filming each hole consecutively.

I would like to shoot in GPS mode and not ATTI mode because it holds a straight line in wind - I can just push the vision down the center of the fairway and I should be good.

But... If i take off on the first hole in GPS mode - when I pass the range on my vision settings like when I get to the 12th hole even if I am following my vision only 50 yards behind it.. wont it still fail safe mode back to the 1st hole based on the home point?

Whats the best solutions to tackle this?

1. Should I add 2 miles to the computer program in the range settings?
2. Should I just film in ATTI mode and not worry about it?
3. If I am just 50 yards behind the vision at all times even if move far away from my home point will it revert back to home position?
4. I am set to NAZA mode - Should I just flick S2 from top/middle/bottom middle/top 10 times on each hole to reset home position?
5. Should I just cancel the return to home position in NAZA and have it land right from where its further point of the home position...? this might be a bad idea because I will be traveling over water....

Thanks in advance.
-O

Latest Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij33erg ... xLiDUBRWpA

muhupower said:
Hello,

I will be shooting a golf course flyover, the location lets say has a mile radius.

I will be inside a golf cart racing behind the vision filming each hole consecutively.

I would like to shoot in GPS mode and not ATTI mode because it holds a straight line in wind - I can just push the vision down the center of the fairway and I should be good.

But... If i take off on the first hole in GPS mode - when I pass the range on my vision settings like when I get to the 12th hole even if I am following my vision only 50 yards behind it.. wont it still fail safe mode back to the 1st hole based on the home point?

Whats the best solutions to tackle this?

1. Should I add 2 miles to the computer program in the range settings?
2. Should I just film in ATTI mode and not worry about it?
3. If I am just 50 yards behind the vision at all times even if move far away from my home point will it revert back to home position?
4. I am set to NAZA mode - Should I just flick S2 from top/middle/bottom middle/top 10 times on each hole to reset home position?
5. Should I just cancel the return to home position in NAZA and have it land right from where its further point of the home position...? this might be a bad idea because I will be traveling over water....

Thanks in advance.
-O

Latest Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij33erg ... xLiDUBRWpA

Looking at what you had wanted to accomplish, and the solutions you've mentioned, the first thing which comes to my mind as a possible alternative solution would be to simply change your distance setting within the Naza mode so as not to conflict with any default setting presently in place. This should permit you to fly beyond what may be considered its present geo fence perimeter.

Also Note: I don't believe once you exceed the flight limits of the the bird, that it will RTH, but simply warn that you can not fly further. However, you should still be able to maintain control.

I believe using option #4 in your outline should work. If you set the home position on each hole then there should be no issues with it attempting to fly home when out of range during your initial startup. But from the documentation you should only need to switch S2 5 time to reset your home position:

Attachments

• P2VPlus_reset_home.jpg
    P2VPlus_reset_home.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 351

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik