Going to order a vision 2 plus

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im new to all this so apologises if im asking obvious questions, i have tried to research as much as possible but would be interested in your thoughts here.
First off i am in the UK, any trusted suppliers here for purchasing? saw one for around £950 on eBay with a spare battery, is this about right?

Secondly is there anything i need in addition to buying the vision 2+ ? I want to make sure i have it all ready to fly, i was thinking maybe an SD card or something, anything else?

Finally is there an exact law on these things in the UK with regards to where you can fly it / distances from houses etc? I'm not planning to go close to these areas but would like to know the situation.

Thanks.

Hello,

Not too sure on the conversion, but I just purchased a P2V+ last week for $1369 USD. It came as a bundle with an extra battery. As far as additional items... I would suggest an SD card (bigger than the 4 gb one that comes with it). May I also suggest (as a new owner myself) a set of prop guards. If you get them, get the genuine ones (Part 28) not the after market ones. I think I paid $20...

If I may offer a bit of advice. PLEASE..... When you get it, do not simply open it up, assemble it and attempt to just fly it. You will be sorry. Please read everything you can about it. There are many vids on youtube and lots of documentation on the DJI web site.

Be sure you understand fully the flight control systems and how they interact. Be absolutely sure you calibrate the compass and be certain you have GPS lock before you fly. You may also want to consider upggrading the firmware in the phantom and the controller and calibrate them if they need it.

Good luck...

pjw73nh said:
Hello,

Not too sure on the conversion, but I just purchased a P2V+ last week for $1369 USD. It came as a bundle with an extra battery. As far as additional items... I would suggest an SD card (bigger than the 4 gb one that comes with it). May I also suggest (as a new owner myself) a set of prop guards. If you get them, get the genuine ones (Part 28) not the after market ones. I think I paid $20...

If I may offer a bit of advice. PLEASE..... When you get it, do not simply open it up, assemble it and attempt to just fly it. You will be sorry. Please read everything you can about it. There are many vids on youtube and lots of documentation on the DJI web site.

Be sure you understand fully the flight control systems and how they interact. Be absolutely sure you calibrate the compass and be certain you have GPS lock before you fly. You may also want to consider upggrading the firmware in the phantom and the controller and calibrate them if they need it.

Good luck...

Thanks for the good advice. I certainly plan to do a lot of reading and setting up when it comes, don't want to break or lose this thing also interesting that it does indeed come with an SD card but as you said i shall probably upgrade that anyway.

4wd said:
I wouldn't buy one from ebay, it would be a nightmare if it came damaged or failed under warranty.
Look at Buzzflyer, they have a good deal on second battery, or anyone close to you better still.
Really not worth trying to save a few pounds.

Im guessing you are from USA? I'm not trying to save money to be honest they just seem in quite limited supply in the UK, i think only two sellers on Ebay. (Just checked and buzz flyer sell them as you say but currently out of stock, checked quadcopter or something and they have them also but also out of stock currently, both same price as Ebay so all looks good!)

Im in the UK and got my P2V and my Plus from RC Geeks.

Cant rate them highly enough - always on the end of the phone to help if you have questions, and you need this level of service if you have problems. Dont get if from ebay as you have no idea where it came from and you will have no fallback if it goes tits up !!

Give the Geeks your business you wont regret it !

;)

pyrophantom said:

Cant rate them highly enough - always on the end of the phone to help if you have questions, and you need this level of service if you have problems. Dont get if from ebay as you have no idea where it came from and you will have no fallback if it goes tits up !!

;)

Thanks! So pleased you just replied with this as just found the website for them and they have it in stock and at 965 with a spare battery and was about to ask if they are quitre reputable, certianly looks like they do a fair bit of business so think i shall put my order in soon!

I'm not sure what's up with this site today but this is the third time I've tried to post a reply the other two just vanished which is the pits as I'm a one figured typist. Anyway here goes. I'm English lived in the States since 1967 now live 70 miles north of Seattle.
Yes I agree you should watch the videos on YouTube by marionville models . Ricc ( that's how he signed his emails to me) does a superb job of explaining how to get a phantom vision plus ready to fly . Marionville models have a Brick and Mortar. RC store in Scotland I have a feeling you would get advice you can trust from him. I think you also would get a fair price.

Thanks for all the replys guys! very helpful. I think some of the messages didnt show up earlier as i can see new ones but from an older time now but thanks for all the info. I ordered from RC Geeks but the site froze on the verification of visa page. Money has gone out of my account but no confirmation of order or anything by email or on the site. I sent them a quick message and hopefully tomorrow i will get confirmation its all good and has been processed ok!

Going to start looking up all the extra info now, thanks again everyone!

lucky118 said:
pyrophantom said:

;)

Thanks! So pleased you just replied with this as just found the website for them and they have it in stock and at 965 with a spare battery and was about to ask if they are quitre reputable, certianly looks like they do a fair bit of business so think i shall put my order in soon!

Yeah they are great, I had my plus on pre order with them so was one of the first to get them in the UK, and I have had all my spares and accessories from them, they have been ever so helpful, even talking me through stuff on the phone. They also advise you do an advanced IMU calibration when you get it out the box, and if you are unsure of what to do they will talk you through it, just ask for David Feakins. Hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as I have !!

;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic