Going to buy pro or advance today

Reaction score
Is there a flight distance from ad to pro? What are the differences? Thanks for your help!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No difference in distance. They both use Lightbridge technology to communicate between the bird and controller. The Pro has a 4K camera and transmits video back to the controller at a maximum bitrate of 10 mbs. The advanced only transmits at 2 mbs. In practice, this bitrate reduction is mainly noticed in you decide to use FPV goggles. If not, its unlikely you will notice much difference.

Ok that's what I thought and not really concerned with 4k. So besides that everything is the same? When I went and bought the standard the guy told me the only difference in all of them is the camera.[emoji35] I didn't know the flight distance was different or I would of went with the pro.

Go for P3 pro if you are too keen on high end photography else Adv is good enough.

The Pro has a faster battery charger too. But, you could buy that along with the Advanced and still save money.

Ok that's what I thought and not really concerned with 4k. So besides that everything is the same? When I went and bought the standard the guy told me the only difference in all of them is the camera.[emoji35] I didn't know the flight distance was different or I would of went with the pro.

If you haven't made a purchase from Jet.com, you should buy from there and get the Advanced for $749 ($799 retail, plus their 15% off coupon code 15NOW - max saving $50). Jet.com
Other than that, if you're a student or educator, you can get it for around $719 from the DJI website, too. DJI Educational Discount | DJI Store

If you buy the P3A for $799, you can buy 2 batteries and a case for the price of a P3P. Is 4k video worth an extra $400? For me, its not because my old computer cant even handle 4k lol.

Reactions: stulpin300m
If you haven't made a purchase from Jet.com, you should buy from there and get the Advanced for $749 ($799 retail, plus their 15% off coupon code 15NOW - max saving $50). Jet.com
Other than that, if you're a student or educator, you can get it for around $719 from the DJI website, too. DJI Educational Discount | DJI Store
Thank you.

Like everyone said above, advanced is more than sufficient if you don't really care that much about 4K. 2.7K is pretty high res and the 2mbps vs the 10 mbps won't be a big deal...

Only differences are:

1. 4K camera vs 2.7K camera
1080p is 60 fps on both
FYI you can upgrade the advanced to a pro basically by just swapping out the gimbal/camera unit and upgrading the firmware.

2. 100W charger vs 57W charger ($59 gets you the 100W vs $39 for the 57W)

3. The 10 mbps bitrate vs the 2 mbps bitrate. FYI the 10 mbps ranges from 10 to 4 mbps.

4. Gold stickers and the pro badge...lmao

Reactions: stulpin300m

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20