Going the full monty !

Reaction score
So if you want hypothetically to go a long distance, far far away.

What is best, to max out speed or go 75%, 50% etc forward thrust to achieve the greatest distance but preserving battery life as long as possible and get the best distance ?

What is best, to max out speed or go 75%, 50% etc forward thrust to achieve the greatest distance but preserving battery life as long as possible and get the best distance ?
I don't think anyone's ever done any serious testing.
All the long distance videos I've seen, they go flat out but I've read discussion that suggests that max distance might be achieved at a little less than full throttle.
There are too many variables to make the calculation easy.
Sounds like an interesting project for someone?

Here are a couple of thoughts from other long distance veterans. Cheers!

Long distance flight throttle question

I always thought point-to-point flying would be an interesting endeavor, land at your maximum distance and have someone there to recover it.

I always thought point-to-point flying would be an interesting endeavor, land at your maximum distance and have someone there to recover it.

I have thought of that and may try it if the ice on the lake holds. Otherwise it's difficult to find that much unobstructed and unbroken ground.

Could be a Litchi mission. Try maybe 5 miles first and see how much battery that takes, then gradually increase it. Wind would be a big factor on long distance flights.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20