Going From Broken Phantom 2 To Today... Help & Opinions Needed

Reaction score
Hello all,

Need everyones input here. I bought a P2 Cannes kit from DSLRPros a few years ago. It comes with upgrades like the futaba remote, 4 batteries, FPV, transmitter, gymbal for Gopro, etc.

I flew it and had a prop fall off about 300 feet in the air. Drone repair place says that the body, gymbal, etc are toast and at this point I should put my money in a new phantom instead of trying to fix this one up.

Not too in tune with the latest that Phantom has to offer, he mentioned the 3 with 2.7k footage or the 4. I would be willing to spend a little more to ensure the best footage. I am a cinematographer and photographer (professionally) so that is the purpose. I want the best and most stable footage. At least 2k, but 5k wouldnt be bad either. It appears that the gopro is no longer needed and DJI has came with a better solution. Is the footage and turning better now too?

He said I would easily need around $700 in parts and labor at the minimum, and there is probably more wrong from the crash. So what are my options and price range out there?

Lastly, is there any way I can use anything from my old kit with the new drone? 4 batteries, advanced chargers, etc.

Thanks all for the help.

At the repair price, you can near get a 3 pro with 4K and lightbridge!
P4 still having issues, I'd wait until a newer version, unfortunately, p2, and p3 stuff not compatible! Unless you get another 2 ( p2, P2v, or P2v+ ), next is P3 ( you have p3s, p3-4K, p3advanced, and P3professional ) then you have the 4.

You might want to sell the p2 for parts, and put that money into a new craft! If you repair yourself you can do it cheaper! I built a complete P2v from parts collected here and there, cost me about $230 total. ( $100 was camera, $70 shell, and rest is misc parts, from members here! ( of corse I had motors esc's and naza ) look up DIRKCLOD's post about Mia2 gone now there mia3. His fell from 250' we completely rebuilt it, from a fierce crash! He has pictures of how he found it after the crash, onto the rebuild, to new craft!

Or look at my post built p2v from scratch! Any p2 part will work with any p2 craft ( p2, p2v, p2v+ ) as they all use the same components, and same mainboard! Lots of parts around! But ultimately your choice!
Hardest thing to replace will be gimbal! ( price wise ).
You might be able to salvage more than you think?

Any pictures?
I'd like to see If it looks like it could be fixed!

Just my 2 cents
J Dot
:cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik