Goggles That can Plug into Video Out on Black Pearl Monitor

Reaction score
Are there any "cheap" goggles out there I could simply plug into the video out port of my Black Pearl monitor? My BP monitor has the video receiver already built in, so why not use it for goggles too? Any thoughts on this? I really don't see the point in buying something like Fatsharks that are meant to be a stand alone solution when I already have a receiver.

Re: Goggles That can Plug into Video Out on Black Pearl Moni

Fatshark makes a base model (in fact I think it's called the "Base") with no included receiver, that's designed to be used exactly like you're saying (connected to the standard vid outputs of a monitor or receiver)

OI Photography said:
Fatshark makes a base model (in fact I think it's called the "Base") with no included receiver, that's designed to be used exactly like you're saying (connected to the standard vid outputs of a monitor or receiver)

Thanks. I'm aware of those but they seem a little over priced. Are there any cheaper options?

Curious about this as welllllll....

I've yet to come up with anything viable, but still looking...

Has anyone tried the "Base" ones with a BP or Boscam or ...??

The Fatshark base looks like the best solution I can find so far. Been looking high and low on the interweb.

Two quetions:

1) Where does it get power?
2) Can they be used with corrective lenses (eye glasses) I'm thinking not, but how about other goggles?

skeeter said:
Two quetions:

1) Where does it get power?
2) Can they be used with corrective lenses (eye glasses) I'm thinking not, but how about other goggles?

Assuming you're asking about the fatshark base goggles?

1) There are various power options
2) No. However, they sell diopter inserts in various strengths.

I would suggest you do a web search for further details.

Mav456 said:
Great post. I want googles but the thought of a transmitter sending and receiving radiowaves by my head freaks me out. Maybe im patanoid lol

For me, it's more about saving a few bucks. I figure why buy goggles with the built in receiver when I already have a good receiver in my Black Pearl monitor? My BP monitor is already mounted to my controller, so it's right there in front of me. It's just a matter on plugging in a video cable from the video out of the monitor to the video in of the goggles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik