goggles best suited for P2V+

Reaction score
I would like to join the family of FPV flying, other than purchasing those epson. I would like to use the new Dominator HD. So that when I build my fleet I could use them with other quadcopters. Can anyone help me? Are the Dominator HD. Compatible to my P2V+, and what pair of goggles would you recommend Fat Shark or Sky Zone. Taking into account that Epson was designed around theP2V+. CAN ANYONE ENLIGHTEN ME?

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=25297
:D lots of info on this forum, sorry the search isn't better.
;) I like Cinemizer. Both work and are compatible with Phantom Vision.

Moverio isn't actually 'out' yet. You can buy a developer version.
Cinemizer is my choice.

The Cinemizer uses 5.8 GHz for video but the P2V+ also uses 5.8 GHz for its Control frequency - might this be a problem? Given the integrated video architecture in the P2V+, how would it hook up? Are we SURE the Cinemizer would work with the P2V+ ?

TeeJayN said:
The Cinemizer uses 5.8 GHz for video but the P2V+ also uses 5.8 GHz for its Control frequency - might this be a problem? Given the integrated video architecture in the P2V+, how would it hook up? Are we SURE the Cinemizer would work with the P2V+ ?

The cinemizer in no way uses any rf for video. As they come now there is an hdmi or av input that is a mini dim type connector. You are hard wired to something for video. It works perfectly but there is a slight delay for the video. It will be identical to what is on your screen now.

Thanks for the heads up I'm look into the cinemizer, but was leaning towards the Dominator HD. Or sky Zone

Thrash113 said:
Thanks for the heads up I'm look into the cinemizer, but was leaning towards the Dominator HD. Or sky Zone

You will not be able to get the DominatorHD's anywhere right now. They have had serious production delays due to an issue they are fixing with focus around the edges and are backordered every where with no ship date in sight. There are people that have been waiting almost a year. If you want goggles that will work best with PV2+ you need an hdmi input otherwise you will have to convert the signal and there is a cost for that (not in dollars in quality of image). I will be posting a video within the next couple of days that will show Dominator V1 and Zeiss being used with the PV2+ and the pros and cons of each. I also will be testing Moverio in about 2-3 weeks and will post that when they arrive. Sorry do not know much about the Skyzone.

samd012 said:
Thrash113 said:

You will not be able to get the DominatorHD's anywhere right now. They have had serious production delays due to an issue they are fixing with focus around the edges and are backordered every where with no ship date in sight. There are people that have been waiting almost a year. If you want goggles that will work best with PV2+ you need an hdmi input otherwise you will have to convert the signal and there is a cost for that (not in dollars in quality of image). I will be posting a video within the next couple of days that will show Dominator V1 and Zeiss being used with the PV2+ and the pros and cons of each. I also will be testing Moverio in about 2-3 weeks and will post that when they arrive. Sorry do not know much about the Skyzone.

I'd be interested to see the video of the dominator v1 as I'm not worried about high quality fpv.
Would I only need an hdmi to lightning port lead for the iPhone 6 plus
Thanks

You do need more than a hdmi cable with Dominator 1, you should not when the new DominatorHD comes out. With the Dominator 1 you also need to convert the signal from hdmi to rca, I will try to post video tonight

I have the Epson Moverio BT-200 and love them. Its awesome to be able to actually keep line of sight with the phantom and see the FPV at the same time. Takes a little getting used to, but I wouldn't have it any other way now. Additionally, I have a tablet running an Android screen mirror so others can see what I see in the glasses.

Shannon

sgalway said:
I have the Epson Moverio BT-200 and love them. Its awesome to be able to actually keep line of sight with the phantom and see the FPV at the same time. Takes a little getting used to, but I wouldn't have it any other way now. Additionally, I have a tablet running an Android screen mirror so others can see what I see in the glasses.

Shannon

I am contemplating getting the Moverios
seems like the best all around for fit fpv flying ...
Does anyone have any information on these glasses and the fpv booster app?
Also any fix on the app store yet from Epson?

SOGdrone1 said:
sgalway said:

Shannon

I am contemplating getting the Moverios
seems like the best all around for fit fpv flying ...
Does anyone have any information on these glasses and the fpv booster app?
Also any fix on the app store yet from Epson?

I have these but have never tried the booster app on them. I've installed WebUI on my repeater and bird and use that to boost the TX power.

Which app store fix are you referring to? You can side load the Amazon App Store as well as Google Play store, if that's what you mean.

One thing about the BT-200 experience...it's not emersive. What you see is exactly what you see on your phone in the DJI app. The only difference is you see it on a perceived 320" transparent screen out in front of you. Also worth noting, on bright days you will struggle to see the picture if looking up into a bright sky without the dark shade on which can then impact your ability to see the bird. They are very good but not perfect so be aware of the "features".

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik