Goes up but not forward?

Reaction score
I've had a lot of fun flying after I got everything worked out... but I have aother question.

Often times, I lose sight of the drone when doing boat chases, but once in a while I'll get too far and lose signal to say "Forward" but I can still command the drone to go up. This is my saving grace, to get it as high as I can so It won't return to home in the water before I can get to it.

Is there a reason range on "up" is further than "forward"?

For fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POsM9h0KtDI

That's some good video. Love the boat name.

It would be great to see some aerial footage while fighting/landing some chicken of the sea.

After a certain distance, flying line of sight gets pretty hard. Once it is far away enough, it will look like it is sitting still even when it's flat out forward or backward. FPV is a worthwhile investment.

ianwood said:
After a certain distance, flying line of sight gets pretty hard. Once it is far away enough, it will look like it is sitting still even when it's flat out forward or backward. FPV is a worthwhile investment.
I have FPV with iOSD mini

I base my conclusions on getting 0 m/s thrust when full sticks ahead on the OSD when I'm trying to get back to the boat.
However, I can see it go up.

it sounds like you are hitting the max distance that can be set in the software which only lets you fly in a cylinder kinda of effect around your home point. plug your phantom into the computer and have a look and change it if you want.
cheers

max01726 said:
it sounds like you are hitting the max distance that can be set in the software which only lets you fly in a cylinder kinda of effect around your home point. plug your phantom into the computer and have a look and change it if you want.
cheers
That would make a lot of sense

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr