Go to Microcenter!!!!

AWESOME! They wouldn't accept a picture of the ad, but thanks to your post I was able to find the "see our local Ad" PDF on their website, which BestBuy accepted as a price match. Just got myself $300 back!
Glad to help! Did you need a Microcenter in your city for them to price match?

Last edited:
@jtannerhughes
You may want to use this to get price match at best buy

This is really good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Glad to help! Did you need a Microcenter in your city for them to price match?

I don't have a local MicroCenter. Honestly I had never even heard of them until this thread lol.

The guy I dealt with at BestBuy seemed pretty cool about it though. I think technically the policy says the store must be within 25 miles of the BestBuy you are purchasing at. I just pulled out my phone and showed him the ad and he updated the price. I guess some employees could be a little more uptight about it though.

Since I already purchased the drone on Tuesday, I did have to return it & buy it again at the new price though. Best buy wont allow price match after purchase (Unless the best buy price decreases)

Does anyone know if there are any Ads with this pricing? I just bought my P3P from bestbuy 2 days ago, and they will price match as long as I can bring in an ad in the next 12 days.
Go online and type in the phantom 3P. It will show up. Print the page and take it in. That's what I did and they matched it.

Here is the "in-store" Tustin CA Microcenter ad. Maybe this will work?
View attachment 54425
If anyone uses a Discover Card to purchase a P3P or P3A from any store prior to this ad expiring, Discover will reimburse you up to $500 under their price protection policy. No need to track down any at Microcenter or worry about getting another store to price match, Discover will take care of you without issue.

Reactions: Raja777m
bf779be1287f95468e00a63c27c26400.jpg

Although is not on their web site. Dji stuff is still available. This pic I just took today

Do you have to have a micro center in your city to price match at Best Buy?

I would've jumped all over this deal had DJI not replaced my P3P. I flew both my Inspire 1 and P3P today and I just never seem to get bored of the Phantom.

If anyone uses a Discover Card to purchase a P3P or P3A from any store prior to this ad expiring, Discover will reimburse you up to $500 under their price protection policy. No need to track down any at Microcenter or worry about getting another store to price match, Discover will take care of you without issue.
same with other credit cards too :) for electronics, not for bag I guess (please check with your credit card company) ..!

I bought a P3 Pro from MicroCenter today. Got home and the Gimbal is Dead On Arrival. When powered on the Gimbal comes to life and straightens out then after about 30 seconds it goes limp. I was able to update the firmware in the RC fine as that doesn't require the Gimbal. When I tried to update the P3P firmware via SD Card it would not start the upgrade process even though at first power on the Gimbal has power and moves. The Go App connects to the P3P but throw a bazillion errors about Weak Transmission and No RC etc. even though the RC shows a Green connection light. Another funny thing is when powering off the P3P after the 2nd button push all the green LEDs go off and the button flashes Red 15-20 times before then shutting off the craft. I tried 2 different batteries and it does the same thing.

I drove 3 hours to buy the P3P so I need to decide if I want to exchange it or go through DJi for repair. I am leaning towards exchange even though it's a 6 hour road trip. I'll think about it tonight.

Try to remove the SD card.

I tried removing it. I tried placing the last 2 firmware versions on it. I tried using my other SD card with the last 2 firmware versions on it. The gimbal is defective on arrival. There's no way for me to do anything else to the P3P.

Also, even though the RC connects to the craft it never requests to Activate the P3P. The thing is defective.

The only thing they'll tell you to do is force downgrade to 1.3 or send it back. Download it from the website and put it on a fresh fat32 USB drive and put it in the controller then hold c1+c2 +play+right wheel click and power the rc on. Let it downgrade and try it again. Bird rc mismatch works when other options fail sometimes then it will tell you it needs an upgrade. If that doesn't work take it back.

The only thing they'll tell you to do is force downgrade to 1.3 or send it back. Download it from the website and put it on a fresh fat32 USB drive and put it in the controller then hold c1+c2 +play+right wheel click and power the rc on. Let it downgrade and try it again. Bird rc mismatch works when other options fail sometimes then it will tell you it needs an upgrade. If that doesn't work take it back.

I think even with an RC/P3P firmware mismatch though the gimbal should stay powered on even with the RC off though? In my case the gimbal is powering off after 30 seconds.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj