Go Pro Time Lapse FPV

Reaction score
Hi - I've been doing some aerial surveying for a hotel today (using a Go Pro) and as they only really need stills I thought I'd try time lapse mode to minimise the strain on my old arthritic computer while processing them. I set the duration for 1 frame every 2 seconds but found that every time it took a picture I lost transmission to my Black Pearl monitor. This was a problem as I needed to frequently refer to the monitor to try and keep a fairly accurate flight path and in the end, as it was so distracting. I switched to taking 2.7k footage and plan to extract the stills from it later. This raises a couple of questions...

1 - is this normal (shutting off the monitor feed after every picture)?

2 - is there anyway to avoid it.

Thanks

I was wondering the same thing. Only discovered this problem yesterday, and it's really annoying

So in answer to your questions;

Yes, I think it's normal.
Yes, put the GoPro into photo and video mode. It will take the photos you need, and film a video (which you can discard) but the image doesn't blank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure.

If you use the above method though, you won't need to create JPG's. It will do it for you! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, got you - I didn't read your reply properly. If the sun is out I will give that method a try tomorrow. Thanks.

Probably not the best way but I pause the vid and take a screen shoot works well the picks look great .
You can do vid and pics at the same time with the GPH but your limited to what vid settings you can use .
Yes you loose the feed when set to time laps

WessexWyvern said:
Thanks, can a JPEG be captured using Go Pro Studio ?

Yes it can. Yes you can.

750r said:
Probably not the best way but I pause the vid and take a screen shoot works well the picks look great .
You can do vid and pics at the same time with the GPH but your limited to what vid settings you can use .
Yes you loose the feed when set to time laps

pretty much the worst way to do it.... :shock:

pretty much the worst way to do it.... :shock:[/quote]

So that all you can say you can't say how else to do it ? Nothing wrong with the pics I'm no pro all for fun .
Please tell us how you the PRO dose it ?
Or you just pop in to be a smartass ? :roll:

Kubat is getting a well deserved reputation for his negative crap. And that's a shame because it seems he might could make some good contributions!

Kubat, lighten up and join with the good force of the universe.

WessexWyvern said:
Hi - I've been doing some aerial surveying for a hotel today (using a Go Pro) and as they only really need stills I thought I'd try time lapse mode to minimise the strain on my old arthritic computer while processing them. I set the duration for 1 frame every 2 seconds but found that every time it took a picture I lost transmission to my Black Pearl monitor. This was a problem as I needed to frequently refer to the monitor to try and keep a fairly accurate flight path and in the end, as it was so distracting. I switched to taking 2.7k footage and plan to extract the stills from it later. This raises a couple of questions...

1 - is this normal (shutting off the monitor feed after every picture)?

2 - is there anyway to avoid it.

Thanks

All cameras have to write the file to the SD card and the camera will black out while doing this. Even high end pro cameras. The best solution is to use really fast cards with fast write times. I shoot star time lapse on a D800 and a 30 second exposure can result in a 20 second time to write to the card. Also shooting low quality images as they will write quicker to the card.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik