go pro problem video is broken up

Reaction score
Tried go pro for first time. 1080p-60fps Video is clear,no jello, BUT video is segmented.looks like it starts and stops every second,very consistent. Any help is appreciated Thanks Dennis

dlorton said:
Tried go pro for first time. 1080p-60fps Video is clear,no jello, BUT video is segmented.looks like it starts and stops every second,very consistent. Any help is appreciated Thanks Dennis

You must use a class 10 SD card, so GoPro requires fast read/write data while shoting HD rates

there's nothing wrong with your video!

this sounds like merely a playback issue

If it plays back fine on one computer, but not on another (like a laptop), the problem you're encountering is that your laptop is incapable of decompressing/playing back the movie in realtime, so it starts skipping and stopping.

decompressing gopro footage at 1080 at 60fps is very CPU intensive, and most computers can't keep up.
as the codec that the GoPro encodes video is a beast.

If you wish to play it back in realtime you'll need to convert it to another codec , frame size or playback rate.

The easiest way to do so is to to use the free GoPro Cineform software.
but be warned, a 1gb gopro movie will turn into a 4GB movie - yet the 4gb will play back smoothly and allow you to more easily edit the video in post.

I had similair issues with my MacBook Air and 2011 iMac. In both cases using VLC as player instead of Quicktime gave me smooth playback.

Banjer said:
I had similair issues with my MacBook Air and 2011 iMac. In both cases using VLC as player instead of Quicktime gave me smooth playback.

Yup VLC is the way to go if you want to view the video in raw. Once I do the video conversion to a Window Media HD Movie, it plays fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers