Go pro on Vision +

Reaction score
Drone expert are taking pre orders for the quick realese system which will enable people to fit a go pro with gimbal on a vision + .Looks like a good set up and if you are unlucky and smash up your v2+ camera/gimbal then you can replace it with a go pro system.
I opted for the v2+ and i already had a gopro but the v2+ just seemed to suit my needs but now its nice to know that i can replace the system at half the cost ! only because i already own a gopro .
The camera on the v+ seems fine to me and does a decent job for what i need but some folks might just want the go pro for its better resolutions .

It isn't half the cost. You would need the DroneExpert system ($385 US) + the mount for your specific hardware ($49), plus the gimbal, + the GoPro. With a Zenmuse & a Hero Black you are look at nearly the price of the entire Vision+!

saltire said:
Drone expert are taking pre orders for the quick realese system which will enable people to fit a go pro with gimbal on a vision + .Looks like a good set up and if you are unlucky and smash up your v2+ camera/gimbal then you can replace it with a go pro system.
I opted for the v2+ and i already had a gopro but the v2+ just seemed to suit my needs but now its nice to know that i can replace the system at half the cost ! only because i already own a gopro .
The camera on the v+ seems fine to me and does a decent job for what i need but some folks might just want the go pro for its better resolutions .
I'm not sure that the gopro is much better picture quality. But since you already have a gopro, the required gimbal, adapter and drone expert setup will be about the same or more as a new P2V+ camera and gimbal. :eek:
I think you would still be stuck taking random stills or video with the gopro. :lol:
This might be a great solution if you have the $$$ and really like your gopro on your bird. :D

I wont include the gopro in the discussion...

A store in Aus is offering $985 for Phantom 2 with 1 bat and zenmuse 3d (There must have been be a price drop).
Add:
wifi FPV transmitter to iPhone/android ($80AUD) so you don't need FPV screen.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WiFi-FPV-Tra ... 4d2407b70d
IOSD ($80AUD)
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DJI-iOSD-Min ... 233ffab9a0
you will need a little DIY with electronics...

The DE option is:
Your 1200-1300 phantom vision plus
DE swappable system $450 USD with mount.
Zenmuse Gimbal 3d $350-400 USD

If you foot the DE option, there is a risk that you will lose it all. Lets say you have a flyway and lose the DE with Zenmuse gimbal, you will be left with a useless Vision + camera.

If you have an extra few bob laying around, I'd say get a backup Phantom Zenmuse 3D unit.

On a side note, Oct 5th release, Go pro has an entry camera for $130usd called the HERO which has 1080@30fps.
http://gizmodo.com/gopro-hero4-hands-on ... 1640225592
The Hero 4 black is mouth watering though...

You can use the vision app to control the tilt on the GoPro but you cannot control the still shots and videos from the vision app. To me that would appear to make me stick with the Vision+ camera.

The GoPro 4K camera looks very good same size as earlier version - might be worth the change just to get 4K.

Though I imagine that the Phantom 3 should have a 4K camera.

Not sure I see a need for 4k for most users.
Good 1080p is hard enough on video cards on older computers and file sizes of 4k footage must be enormous.

Considering cameras like the SJ4000 have far better resolution than the V+ for under $100 surely the (eventual) new improved + is going to have a much better camera fitted.

Dirty Bird said:
It isn't half the cost. You would need the DroneExpert system ($385 US) + the mount for your specific hardware ($49), plus the gimbal, + the GoPro. With a Zenmuse & a Hero Black you are look at nearly the price of the entire Vision+!
For me it is half the cost as i said i already own a go pro .
Its good that company's like these try and delelop new things and give customers a choice dont you think!

saltire said:
For me it is half the cost as i said i already own a go pro .
Its good that company's like these try and delelop new things and give customers a choice dont you think!

I definitely agree it is great to have as many companies offering accessories as possible. It just seems a very expensive option, even if you already have a GoPro, and in a crash or loss you risk everything.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj