Go pro HDMI cable and lightbridge

Reaction score
Any tips on placements of the HDMI cable so that it the least amount of stress on the gimbal h32d or 3d and p2

I tried several arrangements, and ended up with this one.

Also, to clarify - that is the arrangement that DJI use in their installation video, so I suspect the cable was designed with that in mind.

Attachments

• LB_air.jpg
    LB_air.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 796
sar104 said:

Also, to clarify - that is the arrangement that DJI use in their installation video, so I suspect the cable was designed with that in mind.

i would show you what i have done but im new to this board and dont know how to post pics? i see img button but dont know how to do it..

Haze said:
sar104 said:

i would show you what i have done but im new to this board and dont know how to post pics? i see img button but dont know how to do it..

It's obscure. Look for the "upload attachment" button underneath the text reply area.

sar104 said:
Haze said:
sar104 said:

It's obscure. Look for the "upload attachment" button underneath the text reply area.

On mine i put the black plastic coating that is on the HDMI cord, i put 3 drops of crazy glue on it an attached it to the outside of the lightbridge air frame so that it is neat and tidy and not loose i see that getting knocked around or pulled the more loose out there it is, i also put 3 small bits of tape around the loose wires to keep them together and not able to separate to far. The reason i put the cord glued to the lightbridge air unit is it holds the cord in one place an puts less stress on the gimbal as the cord sits in the position to hold the gimbal almost level where as not glued it pulled the camera to one side a bit (didn't want to much stress on gimbal) i also curled the cord into the position in the photo to achieve this balance. I got to 350M today and lost signal I need to figure out antennas now. i want more then 350 m . i got 400m with my immersion 600mw... If anyone sees my antennas and sees a problem or tip let me know please.

Attachments

• IMG_0481.jpg
    IMG_0481.jpg
    419.6 KB · Views: 776
  • IMG_0480.jpg
    IMG_0480.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 757
  • IMG_0483.jpg
    IMG_0483.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 746
I'd worry that you have constrained the cable too much and that it might affect the free motion of the gimbal, but if it is working fine then OK. You have the antennas in the same locations that I use.

Just one suggestion - down sample your images before uploading - those are huge.

sar104 said:
I'd worry that you have constrained the cable too much and that it might affect the free motion of the gimbal, but if it is working fine then OK. You have the antennas in the same locations that I use.

Just one suggestion - down sample your images before uploading - those are huge.

I was Flying today and had the Gimbal turn Off in air and then reset itself like 30 sec later, so maybe HDMI cord is causing issue with gimbal. i Will Have to Take a look. Sadly i crashed the P2 and Bent the Gimbal Mounting Plate :( I was just slowly Descending then i turn the quad to slow forward momentum a little and from about 50 Feet up it just lost lift started oscillation and dropped to the Ground???? Dont Know why it did that.. So i have a little repair work to do.... Nothing else seemes Broken (that I notice yet). Didnt even Chip a prop lol Legs are intact. But Gimbal Not so good...

Video of These
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrnH-NooXGI

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20