GO PRO 4 and Waypoint flying...HOW??

Reaction score
Hi, i have the Phantom Vision 2, but with a GO Pro Hero 4 attached instead of the camera it comes with. I was hoping to get some answers on something. I am trying to get the Waypoint flying going but have been told that the GO Pro camera wont work with the Vision App on my iphone.

Soooo....how can i do GPS flying with my Phantom 2..do i need a ground control unit?

Also, i use the wireless feed from my camera to my iphone to get a FPV viewpoint but it cuts out very quickly when the phantom gets to a certain height. Would the wi-fi extendor help me in this situation?

Any answers wouldbe great as i cant find them anywhere!

Thanks

Nick

When people say the GoPro won't work with the vision app, they mean you won't get a live video stream and you won't be able to control the camera (as in snap shutter, roll video). However, the ground station portion of the app will still work. Once enabled, just swipe left from the camera screen.

Meantime, the Quickrelease from Droneexpert works great for me. It basically tricks your Vision+ into thinking it has the stock camera connected and feeds the video back to your iPhone. Unfortunately you still can't control the shutter on the GoPro, but I just start rolling on the GoPro before I take off and film my entire flight.

For photos, I just set the GoPro to snap a picture every few seconds. The end result is that there is a lot of video and many photos to go through after a mission, but I'm often surprised at the cool shots I get that I never intended.

Also: DO NOT TURN ON THE GOPRO WIFI. It can and will interfere with the Phantom. You are taking a big risk there. I almost lost my Vision+ making that mistake. Besides, the video you see on your iPhone using the GoPro app is lagged by a few seconds anyway, so it's not even that useful for framing shots, and definitely not for navigating by FPV.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr