Go home mode in superspeed

Reaction score
2 different flights now in go home mode the bird came back 40-50 mph! Thats faster than normal. The first time was 20,000' out and when it was in RTH going 40+ i thought it was strange & i would normally take back control but it was moving so fast i let it play out. When it got to me instead of stopping(app show home point recorded where i was standing) it shot past me by 300' although it slowed to 20ish mph. Took it out again rth was normally slow. 3rd flight rth w/ 3 mph tailwind in go home mode was 49mph. Thats faster than normal so i let come back to test hp and it shot past & to the left and once past me slowed to 20ish mph i let it go bout 600' and took over. 4th flight normal rth & hp. This is a pattern i dont like! Any body got thoughts.

It's good that it came home but since RTH is normally slower than manual flight, that sounds very concerning.
I've no idea what might cause it but I wouldn't be happy continuing with that issue.

I want to know how your getting 40 to 50 mph out of it ;)

Yeah like the cat said, its not uncommon to get 50mph with tailwinds in atti. But whether the p2 or p3 it isnt my experience to travel home in failsafe mode at that speed, usually 12-20 range.anyone else heard of this

Yeah like the cat said, its not uncommon to get 50mph with tailwinds in atti. But whether the p2 or p3 it isnt my experience to travel home in failsafe mode at that speed, usually 12-20 range.anyone else heard of this
It would be possible to have different wind speeds and different wind directions at different altitudes. So that speed doesn't surprise me.

Yeah that speed doesnt suprise me at all! But, isnt going home mode usually a slow travel even in tailwinds on p2& 3!

Yeah that speed doesnt suprise me at all! But, isnt going home mode usually a slow travel even in tailwinds on p2& 3!
I couldn't answer that question, since I have only tested mine a couple of times and it has never lost signal and automatically engaged-- which is a good thing.;)

Welcome to the new "Smart RTH". I tried my new Nvidia Shield tablet and set a new personal distance record this late afternoon. My RTH speed was around 20.6mph all the way back and I landed with 26% shown on the battery.

I would think part of your mph was due to a tailwind though, and the rest was smart RTH.

Reactions: bobmyers
I couldn't answer that question, since I have only tested mine a couple of times and it has never lost signal and automatically engaged-- which is a good thing.;)
For the record i pressed the button on both flights to initiate!
Also i'll be reading up on "smart" rth , but flyinfrank, what do you mean by "smart"??

And its probably not coincidence that both flights that held superfast rth trips the bird sailed past homepoint and appeared to not be stopping

If you go backwards to 1.4 firmware, i'll have to leave remote where its at 1.5 dont know if that'll be a prob or not

I thought smart RTH was some sort of 'amount of time to get home coupled with available battery life' calculation, which will initiate RTH as it relates to that calculation. It is for sure a separate feature that you enable or disable, separate from RTH settings I believe.

It sounds like your RTH is dropping into atti mode and just sailing right by you. What's your gps numbers look like during that occurrence? When did you do a compass calibration last? Do another and see if it clears.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4