Go Home Altitude

Reaction score
OMfreakinGawd..... I can't believe it they finally added adjustable Go Home Altitude setting!!!

I have asked for this since seems like 1999. No more tree top...nothing. Find in 3.4 assistant Limits tab.

Thank you DJI

Attachments

• lim.jpg
    lim.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 639
Wish this website had a LIKE button.

This is awesome. Might save me from buying a new S2 switch !

I just edited a image in the original post above. You do need to click on it to see the clearer display.

Very cool that you can also do it via the DJI app as well in settings.

flyNfrank said:
OMfreakinGawd..... I can't believe it they finally added adjustable Go Home Altitude setting!!!

I have asked for this since seems like 1999. No more tree top...nothing. Find in 3.4 assistant Limits tab.

Thank you DJI

+1

I have a video showing my quad flying home through a patch of woods with tree's taller then 60ft of coarse. It went through on it's own looking like a maze, and made right to the last tree on the edge of the clearing and just slipped a small branch. Luckily the momentum of the quad was fast enough that it was able to continue on the way to home point. We have some huge tree's in my area that are around 140ft tall. I'm so glad to see this feature included this time around.

3.08 firmware altitude reference?

User Manual V1.6, October, 2014 Revision:

"When the aircraft is initializing the Ready to Fly status, the aircraft will record the current GPS coordinates as the home point."

My experience is that home point is registered when motors are started. And the altitude Vision app displays is set to zero i.e. above ground level of launch location. Have not yet tested this on 3.08.

P2V records GPS coordinates in DNG-image as:

Code:
GPSVersionID                    : 0.0.2.2
GPSLatitudeRef                  : North
GPSLatitude                     : 48°12.1167
GPSLongitudeRef                 : East
GPSLongitude                    : 20°47.0833
GPSAltitudeRef                  : Above Sea Level
GPSAltitude                     : 16.26 m

Also my Android device will display GPS altitude above MSL (mean sea level)

Dynamic home point is based on Vision app -> the dynamic home point altitude must be based on GPS (above mean sea level) altitude?

BUT, when return home altitude is set in Assistant or Vision app WHAT IS THE REFERENCE LEVEL? GROUND or SEA LEVEL?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik