Go app photo resolution settings?

Reaction score
Looking for help on photo resolution setting in the Go app. I did a search here and on youtube before posting and could not find what I am looking for.

I want to shoot photos in the highest resolution possible but I can not find any settings for small medium or large photo files. I can only select raw, jpeg or raw and jpeg - there's no resolution choice I can find.

I'm using go app version 2.5.1, Phantom firmware 1.5.3 and transmitter 1.5.7.

It's possible I can't see what's right in from of me, but any help/insight is appreciated!

Thanks!

"Menu" on right side of screen near camera pitch indicator.
Open it and choose video camera icon then select what you wish.

"Menu" on right side of screen near camera pitch indicator.
Open it and choose video camera icon then select what you wish.

Thanks for the reply! Are you saying the photo resolution is tied to whatever I select as the video resolution?

I want to shoot photos in the highest resolution possible but I can not find any settings for small medium or large photo files. I can only select raw, jpeg or raw and jpeg - there's no resolution choice I can find
It's here:
Click Image Size and select 4:3 and you'll have 4000 x 3000
Still size is independent of video.
i-tpB8F2J-L.png

Reactions: gringorio
Thank you! I had it in 16:9... Have it set right now. Thanks again for your help!
16:9 is a bit pointless.
It's 4000 x 2250 - which is 4000 x 3000 with the top and bottom trimmed off.
It's better to catch as much as you can and choose what to crop rather than have it done for you.

Reactions: gringorio
16:9 is a bit pointless.
It's 4000 x 2250 - which is 4000 x 3000 with the top and bottom trimmed off.
It's better to catch as much as you can and choose what to crop rather than have it done for you.

Thanks again! I didn't know that...

Hi there, I'm new to the group (this minute) and have just received my Phantom 4 Advanced which promises 20 MP camera shots.
Please excuse my ignorance on Go4App camera settings but which settings will give me the maximum resolution for a landscape shot please?
(I wish to blow up in print on to a wall).
Is it 4:3 or 16:9?
For Format is it RAW, JPEG or JPEG+RAW? (& does this mean it takes 2 photos?)
I have searched Youtube videos etc. for a while and found lots of great advice but couldn't find this info.
Many thanks

Please excuse my ignorance on Go4App camera settings but which settings will give me the maximum resolution for a landscape shot please?
Is it 4:3 or 16:9?
Neither. 3:2 will give you the maximum resolution/biggest picture area.
Here are the options:
Image Size
3:2 Aspect Ratio: 5472 × 3648 = 20 MP
4:3 Aspect Ratio: 4864 × 3648 = 17.7 MP
16:9 Aspect Ratio: 5472 × 3078 = 16.8 MP​
You can go even bigger by shooting multi-image panoramas.
If you are new to photography and just want to get images you can use straight from the camera, shoot jpg.
If you are experienced and want to tinker with raw images, post-processing them in Photoshop, shoot raw.

Reactions: KDCypP4Adv
Neither. 3:2 will give you the maximum resolution/biggest picture area.
Here are the options:
Image Size
3:2 Aspect Ratio: 5472 × 3648 = 20 MP
4:3 Aspect Ratio: 4864 × 3648 = 17.7 MP
16:9 Aspect Ratio: 5472 × 3078 = 16.8 MP​
You can go even bigger by shooting multi-image panoramas.

If you are new to photography and just want to get images you can use straight from the camera, shoot jpg.
If you are experienced and want to tinker with raw images, post-processing them in Photoshop, shoot raw.

Thanks a lot Meta4 for your help. I would like to have both JPG (for tablet use) & RAW (for photoshopping by a friend) so if I select 'JPEG+RAW' setting will that give me 2 separate images, 1 in each format please? (seems obvious but perhaps it isn't :) )

That is correct. I stopped wasting space and shoot only RAW now since you can then edit. I use LR and save as JPEG.

Reactions: KDCypP4Adv

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31