Go App No Go

Reaction score
I got delivery of my new P3 Advanced today and spent a couple of hour familiarizing myself with it, charging batteries and setting it up.
When I felt comfortable that all was good, I went to a local park and was ecstatic at how easy it was to fly. Was getting good video to my tablet and flying in the Beginner zone. It was much easier than flying the Blade that we have been using on a simulator. After about 5 mins of flight time, I had been videoing and decided to take a still, after which I lost the flight app and got a message that it had stopped working. I still had control of the bird so landed it shut it down and looked for what was going on with the Go app. I can't seem to get it to function, have tried restating the tablet, tried with wi fi connection on and off, but it wont open and I just keep getting the app has shut down message every time I try to open it.
Has anyone got any ideas. I am really keen to get out and do some ariel shooting. Oh so stable to fly.

What device are you using, Android or iOS...?
You might try deleting the Go App and reinstalling it...
Not sure why the odd glitch, but this may correct it.

Post your results on the forum please. Thanks.

RedHotPoker

What device are you using, Android or iOS...?
You might try deleting the Go App and reinstalling it...
Not sure why the odd glitch, but this may correct it.

Post your results on the forum please. Thanks.

RedHotPoker
I'm using Android and I think that is the only option I have. So I'll try it now.
Can you tell me if you need and internet of phone connection to run the app. I wouldn't think so once it's downloaded.

Once you reinstall it, no, you don't need the Internet.
You should be able to open the Go app without the radio or Phantom.
I just want to know if it's working/opening properly for you now?
Can you plug the radio controller into the Phone next and see if it is connecting correctly?

RedHotPoker

Just uninstalled the go app and reinstalled it again but getting the same message. Going to try again.
When I have a pesky app on my Lollipop S5, I uninstall, reboot the phone, then reinstall. I have had no problem with the Android version of GO fresh from the App Store. Good luck!

Reactions: Norm Walker
Dang it Norm, that's frustrating. Hopefully it will take.
It's sad to see folks stuck with these odd abnormality issues.

I hate to harp on this, but using an up to date iPad seems to be the best option.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Norm Walker
1) uninstall app
2) using any file manager locate the folder DJI its either on your device microSD card or internal device memory (depends on Android version I guess) and DELETE this folder
3) install DJI Go and see if deleting this folder helped
4) if its working launch the app and in Other settings disable "Cache locally when recording"
5) when flying you should always have your Android device in Airplane mode with wifi, data and gps turned off

EDIT: you might wanna restart your device after completing step 2 :)

Yesterday I did my first flight and tried to record a piece of video. The problem is a bit different than Norm as I cannot see what is happening as the video keep freezing and update every 15 seconds.

Where do I disable the video cache? Cannot find it. I will try this before I put everything in a shelf until DJI fix all this. Sorry for hijacking the thread Norm.

1) uninstall app
2) using any file manager locate the folder DJI its either on your device microSD card or internal device memory (depends on Android version I guess) and DELETE this folder
3) install DJI Go and see if deleting this folder helped
4) if its working launch the app and in Other settings disable "Cache locally when recording"
5) when flying you should always have your Android device in Airplane mode with wifi, data and gps turned off

EDIT: you might wanna restart your device after completing step 2 :)
Thanks for that man. It seems to be up and running again.
Where do I find the Other settings to disable them??

Launch the app and go to your aircraft view screen then tap the top right corner button and choose the very last tab in the popup window - it will be named Other settings

EDIT: problem with reinstalling was that every time you reinstall the app tried to use the very same corrupted DJI folder thats why you need to delete it...

full

Last edited:
Launch the app and go to your aircraft view screen then tap the top right corner button and choose the very last tab in the popup window - it will be named Other settings

EDIT: problem with reinstalling was that every time you reinstall the app tried to use the very same corrupted DJI folder thats why you need to delete it...

full

OK., I have got all that.
Now my pad has lost its battery, so I'll have to charge it for a while before I reboot. I think it looks good. Thanks heaps for the advice, I would have been scratching my head all night. Hope I can get out for a better experience tomorrow. It was pretty great with the short flight I had today.
Thanks again.

OK., I have got all that.
Now my pad has lost its battery, so I'll have to charge it for a while before I reboot. I think it looks good. Thanks heaps for the advice, I would have been scratching my head all night. Hope I can get out for a better experience tomorrow. It was pretty great with the short flight I had today.
Thanks again.

Good to hear. Remember, take it slow & easy at first - try and read most of the threads on here. They have been a massive help for me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic