GO App 2.4.1 missing Format data recorder

Reaction score
Missing from the 2.4.1 version is the option to format the data recorder. How come? Let's hear all the conspiracy theories.

frankwangsmiling.jpg
What's up :)

Reactions: bobmyers
Let's stay on topic...

This is serious considering you lose the option to erase all traces of evidence in case of a crash. Your phantom could fall into a yard of a serial killer who can access your log file and find out where you live. I needed to be able to remotely erase said files.

Let's stay on topic...

This is serious considering you lose the option to erase all traces of evidence in case of a crash. Your phantom could fall into a yard of a serial killer who can access your log file and find out where you live. I needed to be able to remotely erase said files.
You never could remotely erase files from a P3 that wasnt powered on. Most that crash, in serial killers yards or elsewhere, dont usually remain on!

Hello !

Actually, i find it quite annoying that it seems not possible to delete the internal flight logs from the phantom.

What e.g. if i want to sell the phantom, but i do not want to reveal all the gps coordinates of relatives where i flew in the garden to the next owner ? - There are many legitimate reasons why deleting this should be possible.

I have just received my phantom today and think about returning it for this reason.
I fly since many years so crashing and then running away is for sure not the reason.. - did you find a way how to delete this ?
I thought about whether removing the card and then DDing the contents to a raw dump file could be an option, but the card holder seems to be glued in plus in addition, there is a piece of plastic above it - so it is not easy to get to.. - If they are mean they maybe have enabled some of the SD features making this even impossible.. - Did you find a way of fixing this or should i go back to open source autopilots and just forget about all this DJI stuff ?

Cheers

J.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31