Go 4 app keeps changing my drone model and phone restart

Reaction score
Hi everyone. First-timer here.
I finally got my phantom 4 delivered from bestbuy. Started-off great but quickly degenerated.

I charged the batteries for everything, downloaded the go 4 app from the google playstore, updated the firmware, calibrated IMUs and was thrilled to take-off and hover in my living room!

So I googled about the simulator and wanted to try that. Then it all went downhill.
  • I see 'aircraft disconnected' in the go 4 app...
  • ... despite green LED on controller and on the P4
  • And the motors start, although there's no camera feed
So I tried chatting with their tech support. Unbelievably useless - two agents in a row.
Then I called and the guy just wanted me to uninstall / reinstall the app.

Since I'm all-new to this, I noticed that when the go 4 app launches, I see phantom 4 advanced. Mine is a plain 4.

Repeat exercise over and over. Usually, I see P4 advanced. Once, I saw Mavic. I eventually shut everything down, launched everything again and YAY! I see my phantom 4 and am able to see its camera feed!

Now I'm back to phantom advanced and I've been chatting / calling tech support for at least 3 hours now, with a total of 30 seconds of hovering in my living room.

Any ideas? Their tech support isn't strong so I'm hoping you guys have some insight.

Not a terribly fun intro to drones so far :(

EDIT: and I forgot - before today, my Galaxy S7 has NEVER, EVER crashed. It has spontaneously restarted 4-5 times now, since I installed the go 4 app.

You can select the type of Phantom in that drop down menu at the top left. Select your model, hopefully that is your issue

b4c37840c65438b162988c53d4dd6357.jpg

Hi everyone. First-timer here.
I finally got my phantom 4 delivered from bestbuy. Started-off great but quickly degenerated.

I charged the batteries for everything, downloaded the go 4 app from the google playstore, updated the firmware, calibrated IMUs and was thrilled to take-off and hover in my living room!

So I googled about the simulator and wanted to try that. Then it all went downhill.
  • I see 'aircraft disconnected' in the go 4 app...
  • ... despite green LED on controller and on the P4
  • And the motors start, although there's no camera feed
So I tried chatting with their tech support. Unbelievably useless - two agents in a row.
Then I called and the guy just wanted me to uninstall / reinstall the app.

Since I'm all-new to this, I noticed that when the go 4 app launches, I see phantom 4 advanced. Mine is a plain 4.

Repeat exercise over and over. Usually, I see P4 advanced. Once, I saw Mavic. I eventually shut everything down, launched everything again and YAY! I see my phantom 4 and am able to see its camera feed!

Now I'm back to phantom advanced and I've been chatting / calling tech support for at least 3 hours now, with a total of 30 seconds of hovering in my living room.

Any ideas? Their tech support isn't strong so I'm hoping you guys have some insight.

Not a terribly fun intro to drones so far :(

EDIT: and I forgot - before today, my Galaxy S7 has NEVER, EVER crashed. It has spontaneously restarted 4-5 times now, since I installed the go 4 app.

It seems like there have been a lot of reports of Go app problems with the S7 recently. I don't recall seeing any reports on how to fix them.

It seems like there have been a lot of reports of Go app problems with the S7 recently. I don't recall seeing any reports on how to fix them.

Oh, the hardware and software dont play nicely?

I truly suggest u return it Best Buy have a good return policy 14 days if you're a elite member 30 days

Yeah, I went kicking and screaming into Costco to replace my awesome, brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 with an <tastes a little vomit> iPad - Waaaa!

iPad Flys great, no issues with Go 4 or Litchi, or switching between them, even during flight!

Well, @ DKG13CC was right. Although sometimes, I power-up my remote, the app comes on and when I power up the drone, it gets straight into my P4 and all is well. But sometimes, picking it from that drop down list does it. It still feels a little flaky for modern software.

And oddly, my phone has not restarted a single time since them. It's very strange. Unless there was a background version update I wasn't aware of.

Anyway, I'm now fumbling through the beginning steps of becoming a drone operator so thanks a lot everyone.

It sucks that DJI software is so bad that many top brand devices are not recommended or well supported. Are we supposed to run out and buy a new tablet because the one that used to work no longer works? When does that become acceptable?

Brian

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl