GO 2.4 now downloads to older Apple devices

Oso

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Hi guys. Based on another thread, as a test I just now tried to download the latest GO app (2.4) from the App Store to my old 3rd generation iPad. To my surprise, it downloaded and actually launched.

An iPad 3 and iPad 4 were previously too old to even begin the download. Anyone trying would get the "device not compatible" error.

The App store now says the GO app requires iOS 8 or later and then only an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. No list of devices.
20151027 GO app info App Store.JPG

The DJI site still lists the specific devices, all of which are newer than the iPad 4.
20151027 GO app info DJI.JPG

I haven't tried it to fly with my iPad 3 and I for sure will never try it, but the fact that it downloaded and launched the GO app is very interesting. I have to think that this will be changed soon so that the previous "device not compatible" error message is back for the old devices.

I'm sure that someone will try to use the older devices to fly while they have the chance. At least the ones with a lightning connector. I can't imagine that the old devices would work well considering their under powered processors.

Please fly safe out there!

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
:eek::eek::eek:
Hi guys. Based on another thread, as a test I just now tried to download the latest GO app (2.4) from the App Store to my old 3rd generation iPad. To my surprise, it downloaded and actually launched.

An iPad 3 and iPad 4 were previously too old to even begin the download. Anyone trying would get the "device not compatible" error.

The App store now says the GO app requires iOS 8 or later and then only an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. No list of devices.
View attachment 34348

The DJI site still lists the specific devices, all of which are newer than the iPad 4.
View attachment 34349

I haven't tried it to fly with my iPad 3 and I for sure will never try it, but the fact that it downloaded and launched the GO app is very interesting. I have to think that this will be changed soon so that the previous "device not compatible" error message is back for the old devices.

I'm sure that someone will try to use these older devices to fly while they have the chance. I can't imagine that the old devices would work well considering their under powered processors.

Please fly safe out there!
Video feed won't go over the old 30 pin connector. Pull your panties up and chill out. :eek::p:confused:;)o_O:tongueclosed:

I downloaded to iPad mini 2 and is working great

I downloaded to iPad mini 2 and is working great
That's good to hear. Mini 2 was always compatible, so at least we know it still works along with the older devices that never used to work (download) before 2.4 came out.

:eek::eek::eek:
Video feed won't go over the old 30 pin connector. Pull your panties up and chill out. :eek::p:confused:;)o_O:tongueclosed:
Wow, how did panties get in this old thread?

I would also assume the much older 30 pin devices would be able to download and launch the app, but not pass the video feed via the old connector. I'm not certain without trying.

However, there are devices that were previously too old to download the app (got the "device not compatible" message) such as the iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPad Mini 1 to name a few that DO have the lightning connector and ARE now able to download the app. I would assume that they would be able to connect to the RC and pass the video feed.

Still chilled out as always, thanks sir. Cheers!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj