Glastonbury Tor, Somerset U.K

that reminds me of the day I flew in my hang-glider right over the top of the tor and looked right down through the middle of the tower while going cross country

I'm not sure I would fancy hang gliding, ive often wondered what it is like though. Thanks for watching.

I'm not sure I would fancy hang gliding, ive often wondered what it is like though. Thanks for watching.

I took up hang-gliding when I was 48, packed it in at 62 and it was the biggest kick I've ever had in my life, going cross country silently no noisy motors, wounderful.

canoeing/scuba/potholing and many other sports naah------------ but doing this beat the a+s off all things I've done, plus a lot safer than paragliding as well, been flying the Pyrenees down here as well as all over the UK, loved it, now too old now for that sort of thing but as I've since said now looking at my phantom videos I'm still getting a similar kick without the risk at my age.

you only live once :cool:

Reactions: ukglyn
I took up hang-gliding when I was 48, packed it in at 62 and it was the biggest kick I've ever had in my life, going cross country silently no noisy motors, wounderful.

canoeing/scuba/potholing and many other sports naah------------ but doing this beat the a+s off all things I've done, plus a lot safer than paragliding as well, been flying the Pyrenees down here as well as all over the UK, loved it, now too old now for that sort of thing but as I've since said now looking at my phantom videos I'm still getting a similar kick without the risk at my age.

you only live once :cool:

I used to be a mixed gas technical diver so used to get a great buzz from that, sadly though im too old & too unfit for anything that risky these days. It must be 1 hell of a rush though soaring silently across the land.

I used to be a mixed gas technical diver so used to get a great buzz from that, sadly though im too old & too unfit for anything that risky these days. It must be 1 hell of a rush though soaring silently across the land.

it was, so at least I can now say "I've done that !" instead of "I wish I'd have done that"

Reactions: ukglyn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4