Glare problem...seems there is no real issue

Reaction score
After reading all post on droners having the same issue when flying in bright sunny day, I wonder why DJI developped the Go App without this in mind...If menus and basic commands such a camera setting, etc would be black on white or light blue background it would make all the difference. Just try it with color inversion on your tablet or smartphone...OK no way it can be used like this to make decent footage but...it gives an idea! The black background is by far the worst background color to be used outside...I really hope DJI comes with something in a future update as most of the time it ruins the fun of flying!

I have a terrible time flying on sunny days. I wear glasses with the self tinting stuff so I can hardly see my IPad outdoors. Tried anti-glare screen coating plus a shield, nothing works. I know the next pair of glasses are going to be plain lenses.

I find that reading anything on my control device screen (a Samsung 7" tablet) in bright daylight is terrible IF I am holding the screen horizontally (i.e., I'm looking down on it from above, with the screen face parallel to the ground). This is especially true if there are clouds in the sky - the white of the clouds just totally wipes out any image on the screen because of the high reflectivity of the screen's outer surface.

If I lift the whole RC unit up to eye-level, rotating it 90 degrees towards me so that the screen face is perpendicular to the ground - and is facing me, - AND if I have something rather dark BEHIND me, I can make out the image that the app is displaying on the screen much better.

This may not work for every monitor device out there (iPhone, iPad, other brand of tablet, etc.,) but it SOMETIMES helps in my situation.

editing problem, fixed below

"Glare problem...seems there is no real issue"

Did you mean 'no real fix'?

I fixed my glare issue with a DIY full hood and a wide-brimmed pea-pickin' hat :)

DJI_0064-2.jpg

Made the hood with thin cardboard, velcro, and duct tape... the hat I already had (for pickin' peas, y'know ;))

I sometimes just put a coat over my head and RC. It works, but I look a right idiot[emoji33]

Reactions: umanbean
i use a diy sun hood, works at long as you are facing the sun, works also to reduce the side glare so overall love it, i mostly fly standing up so the sun hood is a godsend

I made a hood using a shoe box with a foldable lid and twist ties. I am trying to upload pics, but after multiple attempts am not able to figure out how to.

It works okay. I suspect that the only full solution is to be under a blanket like those old time photographers.

How do I upload something from my phone to here?

Somehow I got the pics on.

I had bought a new bracket that allows a phone or a tablet to be used.

I put the bracket thumbscrew on through a hole in the box and then used twist ties through some holes to keep the box snug to the bracket.

I figured out the angle I needed to have the top close to minimize the glare and used twist ties through holes to keep the top at that angle.

Cheap and works okay.

Attachments

• Resized_20170812_141025.jpeg
    Resized_20170812_141025.jpeg
    938 KB · Views: 316
  • Resized_20170812_140810.jpeg
    Resized_20170812_140810.jpeg
    1,009.9 KB · Views: 357
  • Resized_20170812_140804.jpeg
    Resized_20170812_140804.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 324

Members online