GLARE P3P

Reaction score
Normally I don't have an issue but normally I fly later in the evening.
Today I flew about 2pm and the glare was horrendous on the recorded videos and stills.
Whats the best way to control or stop this?

Thanks
GLARE.PNG

Normally I don't have an issue but normally I fly later in the evening.
Today I flew about 2pm and the glare was horrendous on the recorded videos and stills.
Whats the best way to control or stop this?

Thanks View attachment 31543
Are you using an NDS filter?

No filter that Im aware of. Everything including settings should be stock as sent from DJI.
You need to put an NDS filter on it -- it basically gives the camera sunglasses, you can also dial down the exposure-- this definitely looks over exposed. Do a search on the forum and read up on ND Filters and Camera settings. With an ND filter and on AE ( Autoexposure) this probably would have be a good picture.

Reactions: Skipholiday
You need to put an NDS filter on it -- it basically gives the camera sunglasses, you can also dial down the exposure-- this definitely looks over exposed. Do a search on the forum and read up on ND Filters and Camera settings. With an ND filter and on AE ( Autoexposure) this probably would have be a good picture.
Is there an Autoexposure button in settings?
Thanks for the help This is the 1st time Ive had this issue.

You can adjust that with the roller on the right side of the TX.
I see that wheel looks like another gimball wheel. I really appreciate the help. Which direction will darken?

Thanks

I see that wheel looks like another gimball wheel. I really appreciate the help. Which direction will darken?

Thanks
Yes, go into the camera settings and set the camera on the P setting witch will enable the AE icon on the top right of the screen. You can then touch that icon to enable AE. You should spend some time studying the camera settings and see what they do. There is a wealth of information on these settings, on this forum and on Youtube. You wont learn it in an hour, it takes some study and practicing what you learn.

Thanks
I believe counter clockwise will darken it, I keep forgetting which way. You can try it on the bench, turn it on and rotate the wheel slowly each way, you will see the picture get lighter or darker. You can also do this when the quad is flying.

All great information. I've owned every phantom since the 2 and Ive never mastered the cameras on any of them.
I think I did best with the vison but I enjoyed the audio on the gopro on the P2.
after the release of the plus I wasnt going to buy any more. :-/

Thank you all so much, batteries all charged for tomorrow.

If you want to take the first step to mastering the cameras on your quads, get the book "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson. I have the Third edition, the Fourth edition is out now I see. Easy to read and apply. It will educate you on the members of the exposure triangle............. Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO. Every picture you take is a combination of all 3, except on the P3's the Aperture is set at 2.8, so you won't have to mess with that piece of the puzzle. But the book will give you a big jump up over your friends in knowing how these things interlope and interact to produce your image.

http://www.amazon.com/Understanding...ords=understanding+exposure+by+bryan+peterson

If you want to take the first step to mastering the cameras on your quads, get the book "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson. I have the Third edition, the Fourth edition is out now I see. Easy to read and apply. It will educate you on the members of the exposure triangle............. Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO. Every picture you take is a combination of all 3, except on the P3's the Aperture is set at 2.8, so you won't have to mess with that piece of the puzzle. But the book will give you a big jump up over your friends in knowing how these things interlope and interact to produce your image.

http://www.amazon.com/Understanding...ords=understanding+exposure+by+bryan+peterson
The latest edition shows to be preorder-- March 2016-- do you have the third edition?

I always try to eliminate most of the sky in bright conditions, like cresballs left example. Also, in auto expose mode I simply touch my iPad screen during flight in the area I want correct exposure and it auto adjusts. Just touch the screen live image, you'll see a square box indicating the area of the live image that it's using to calculate exposure.

Ah, didn't see that. Yes, I have the third addition. Would be glad to send it to you, it you're really wanting to learn this stuff.

Ah, didn't see that. Yes, I have the third addition. Would be glad to send it to you, it you're really wanting to learn this stuff.
Appreciate that -- very generous -- thanks! But just ordered Edition 3 to my Ipad Kindle books -- reading the intro now :D:D:D:D

I did a short video around 1:30 in bright sunlight. The camera has all the default settings and I used the right wheel to set three different EV levels. As you can see this is all you need to get exposure
Right

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>t.

Bob. How did you do 3 different levels? I'm still learning the camera side of the phantom.

Bob. How did you do 3 different levels? I'm still learning the camera side of the phantom.
If you rotate the wheel on the right side of the TX counter clockwise it will darken the video And clockwise will lighten it. Hover the phantom and try 1 click at a time you will see what it does.
When you turn the phantom off it goes back to default so you don't have to worry.
Bob

I did a short video around 1:30 in bright sunlight. The camera has all the default settings and I used the right wheel to set three different EV levels. As you can see this is all you need to get exposure
Right

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>t.
wow great eXample. Im going to fly shortly. I really appreciate everyones help. TBH I had no clue what that wheel did. :-/

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj