P3 Firmware GL300A success

Reaction score
If you've been following, & have provided advice for my GL300A RC update, I've got to say thank you. Pretty much textbook. First was v1.3.20 with micro SD card reader thru USB port. But then the 1.4.1 that we thought was also a required USB install, would not install, turning on remote I got no beeping & it just sat there. After a few attempts at formatting the SD & trying to reload the file, a change in the device cable to my mini 4 gave me my video feed & allowed the "Firmware Update Needed" thru the app.... to 1.9.3
I didn't back up my flight records so that's all gone hey?
HDMI part 54 will be here today too, here we go.... lol...

I've not flown the aircraft yet.

Last edited:
Flight Records are stored on in two places, in different formats: on Flight Controller board (within the drone) in binary/DAT format, and on mobile device (these are definitely in different format, probably text-based, but I don't know more since I always use the DATs from FC).

The Flight Records from FC can't be easily removed, and are more in sync to what was really happening with the drone during flight (because they're recorded even if you've lost connection to your RC). You can read them with DATCon (see datfile.net), or with Wireshark if you want to see bare metal values.

I've heard there is a way to format the FCs internal SD-card and remove these logs using `comm_serialtalk.py`, but I don't know the command to use. So these logs are not removed with any firmware update, or any official way. Only free space on that card limits them - oldest logs are deleted when the card gets filled.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj