GL-3X connect to dji phantom 2?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just bought this gimbal:
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/gl-3x-3-axis ... m-1-2.html

Can anyone help me connecting it to my dji phantom 2? It comes with strange connectors and I would love to know if it's possible to do something to use at least the power of the gray cord that comes with the drone for zenmuse connection...

Then, if anyone knows the diagram connection to NAZA

Thanks! I'm kind of lost =(
The seller said it was ready to use...its not true

There is a diagram on the website that shows the connections to the main board. You only need to use three of them, Bat+, GND and the signal pin for the pitch axis. I cut the cable to the external connector and shortened the wire. I added a connector for battery and a servo connector to plug into the NAZA controller.
The gimbal will require calibration. You will need to download the application and make a few changes to the settings.
The gimbal works fine once you get it set up correctly. The only problem I have had is that I have to disconnect it while the NAZA boots up or it goes crazy.
You can get lots of help here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2009013
Note, this thread covers the older model of the gimbal as well but there is a lot about the new one.

Thanks! I'll take a look, hope I understand all!
Just explain to me, how can I know at the group of gray wires of dji phantom, which is ground, which is bat and which is signal pin?? And can I plug the battery connector directly at the board, at dji's red and black connectors? OR there is no need to?

Not sure about the Phantom 2 but my P1 had a spare power wire, red and grey without a connector hidden in one of the grommets in the shell where the landing gear mounts. You can pull this wire out of the shell (there is extra length) and attach a connector. Otherwise you can open the shell and solder to the main board where the battery is connected.
Then you just need a servo connector to plug into the NAZA F2 port.

I think there is no spare power wire, but there is a grey which is made to be connected to Zenmuse. I think this thing may have power on at one of it's wires...
Servo connector I already have! I just need to know where at NAZA I must connect...

Hey syotr! I managed to solder the energy cables to the dji and I connected the servo to the naza. It's now working! But can you tell me how to upgrade the gui? I read at the other forum some people got their gimbals dead after trying to upgrade...

My computer tells me my gimbal has firmware 10.3 b9 and the gui is 2.2 b2

What must I do to connect it???

Thanks!

You cannot upgrade the firmware in the gimbal. This one has cloned firmware. You will brick it if you try. If you have installed the correct drivers, you can connect to the GUI version that matches the gimbal firmware and make adjustments and calibrate it.

Good! The website says it's 2.3 but it's actually 2.4... I did it!

Now I need to learn about all the parameters to calibrate my gimbal correctly...

I tried to follow the one you sent me but the gimbal shakes a little at all the axis!

You have any info to help me?

EDIT: When the drone is powered off, the gimbal works perfectly! The problem is when it flies! Because fo the drone shakes, the gimbal also shakes...and sometimes YAW moves alone and points to another side instead of the middle!

Thanks!

I read the whole thing and am still having problems =(
The YAW is a little crazy, it's shaking even when the drone is in the air but not moving...
I'm trying different configurations, hope some time I can fix this problem.

felipedrone said:
I read the whole thing and am still having problems =(
The YAW is a little crazy, it's shaking even when the drone is in the air but not moving...
I'm trying different configurations, hope some time I can fix this problem.
Try posting your problem in that RC Groups thread. There are many there who know much more about this gimbal and software than I do.
Good luck. I hope you can solve it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers