GL 358 wA controller firmware update

Reaction score
Just attempted to update firmware on my Phantom 3 Standard. Successful on drone but only port on controller is charging port. Anyone know how to update firmware on this controller?

I've always been confused with this as well. I think the P3S is an all-in-one update. Was your controller connected during the update? If so, I think you're all set.

Reactions: Oso
Just attempted to update firmware on my Phantom 3 Standard. Successful on drone but only port on controller is charging port. Anyone know how to update firmware on this controller?
Firmware updates are optional, though the GO app will let you know if one is available. You don't have to install them if all is well or if you haven't yet researched the changes or any issues others may be having. You can simply ignore the prompts and fly normally.

My suggestion for people is to not update right out of the box until they understand how the P3 works and what normal looks like so that they can then better recognize any issues that may be introduced with FW changes. it's also important to know which versions you have on your RC, AC, and mobile device at all times so that you can get more targeted help.

If you've already done your research and have chosen to update, here is a video that may help. Good luck and happy new year!

Reactions: JoBe
Firmware updates are optional, though the GO app will let you know if one is available. You don't have to install them if all is well or if you haven't yet researched the changes or any issues others may be having. Just can simply ignore the prompts and fly normally.

If you've already done your research and have chosen to update, here is a video that may help. Good luck!

Apparently Oso didn't notice your post. Drone already updated. I would take the rest of his advice with caution.

If you're still under warranty, not updating could cost you if something goes wrong. I just heard a story over the weekend from one of my cousins who failed to update. Even though his issue should have been covered, DJI denied his claim. Not following the instructions in the manual is cause to void the warranty. Page 54 on the Standard 3 manual says update. That was their story and they are sticking to it.

Maybe your AC is flying fine, but there could be an issue someone else has found so DJI provides a fix. Just because it hasn't affected you yet doesn't mean it won't happen to you or someone else.

There seems to be a strong sentiment among some people that these updates are evil and somehow DJI is infringing on everyone's rights. Considering the number of DJI machines flying around without issues, the number of people complaining here is a very tiny minority. I have a P3S and have had just one firmware upgrade and it went just fine. All is well.

I just read of a new pano feature that just rolled out. Maybe it's just an app upgrade but seems like everyone's jumping on that one! What happened to those evil updates? :>

@Jay-M
Welcome to the forum!

I agree with,
@Oso

Except just one word.
"it's also important to know which versions you have on your RC, AC, and mobile device at all times so that you can get more targeted help."

I have never seen the software version displayed for the RC on a Standard.

@LarBear360
Firmware?

Here is an old book mark list of ONLY failed remote control signal problems after a firmware update on P3S. I have about 30 more since that I can add.
Terrible signal performance

This happened to me twice.

What DJI replaced the second time is on this link:

Some details when I did the update the second time.
No signal after update
Can't downgrade Firmware

Please note that I did have successful firmware updates before the first time and after. I never did another update after it was returned the second time.

Until @HappyStandardOwner found the problem and a fix, we all had to send them in for repair.
Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

I don't have knowledge of this actually fixing them but it makes sense the chip can get to hot during the firmware upgrade.

My thoughts in the past:
Standard - New firmware 1.7.90 for P3S

Sorry the detailed 1/2 off topic post, but it this was the first time I got to thank @HappyStandardOwner for his efforts!

thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

@LarBear360
"Considering the number of DJI machines flying around without issues, the number of people complaining here is a very tiny minority. "
I agree,

"failed to update. Even though his issue should have been covered, DJI denied his claim."
Sadly I agree,

Rod

Reactions: Oso and JoBe
Firmware updates are optional, though the GO app will let you know if one is available. You don't have to install them if all is well or if you haven't yet researched the changes or any issues others may be having. You can simply ignore the prompts and fly normally.

My suggestion for people is to not update right out of the box until they understand how the P3 works and what normal looks like so that they can then better recognize any issues that may be introduced with FW changes. it's also important to know which versions you have on your RC, AC, and mobile device at all times so that you can get more targeted help.

If you've already done your research and have chosen to update, here is a video that may help. Good luck and happy new year!

@Jay-M
Welcome to the forum!

I agree with,
@Oso

Except just one word.
"it's also important to know which versions you have on your RC, AC, and mobile device at all times so that you can get more targeted help."

@LarBear360
Firmware?

Here is an old book mark list of ONLY failed remote control signal problems after a firmware update on P3S. I have about 30 more since that I can add.

This happened to me twice.

What DJI replaced the second time is on this link:

Some details when I did the update the second time.
No signal after update
Can't downgrade Firmware

Please note that I did have successful firmware updates before the first time and after. I never did another update after it was returned the second time.

Until @HappyStandardOwner found the problem and a fix, we all had to send them in for repair.
Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

I don't have knowledge of this actually fixing them but it makes sense the chip can get to hot during the firmware upgrade.

My thoughts in the past:
Standard - New firmware 1.7.90 for P3S

Sorry the detailed 1/2 off topic post, but it this was the first time I got to thank @HappyStandardOwner for his efforts!

View attachment 92665

@LarBear360
"Considering the number of DJI machines flying around without issues, the number of people complaining here is a very tiny minority. "
I agree,

"failed to update. Even though his issue should have been covered, DJI denied his claim."
Sadly I agree,

Rod
Legit posts. Even during the holidays you guys step up to help.

Reactions: Oso and RodPad
I agree with,
@Oso

Except just one word.

Thanks for that clarification with regards to the P3S. Happy new year sir! :)

Reactions: RodPad
Legit posts. Even during the holidays you guys step up to help.
These few days after Christmas are when many new owners are out with their new toys but no experience and without reading and understanding the manual. Many in cold weather which can create all kinds of scary scenarios. We see many of the same issues and questions each holiday season and I like to help as do many here on forum.

Happy new year to you sir.

Reactions: JoBe and RodPad
These few days after Christmas are when many new owners are out with their new toys but no experience and without reading and understanding the manual. Many in cold weather which can create all kinds of scary scenarios. We see many of the same issues and questions each holiday season and I like to help as do many here on forum.

Happy new year to you sir.
Yup, I'm headed for a popular scenic park on Thursday and a bit nervous there will be a few new pilots out there anxious to fly. We'll see!

Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik