GJI Go freezes any video feed when recording video on Android 4.4

Reaction score
Hi, I have rather odd thing here - I have updated DJI Phantom 3 Advanced to newest firmware and I can work with it with my phone LG G3 with Android 5 and it works fine. But the small display made me buy a tablet, Pocketbook SurfPad 4 L, which has only 4.4. There it works as well, but :

1) When I start recording video, the feed freezes, so I don't have any idea where I'm going :D.
2) After that it is enough to disable recording video and take one photo and it starts working again :D.

Do you think it could be cause by Go incompatibility with Android 4.4? I could root the tablet and install Android 5 probably, but I want to do that only if it looks at least promising.

Hi, I have rather odd thing here - I have updated DJI Phantom 3 Advanced to newest firmware and I can work with it with my phone LG G3 with Android 5 and it works fine. But the small display made me buy a tablet, Pocketbook SurfPad 4 L, which has only 4.4. There it works as well, but :

1) When I start recording video, the feed freezes, so I don't have any idea where I'm going :D.
2) After that it is enough to disable recording video and take one photo and it starts working again :D.

Do you think it could be cause by Go incompatibility with Android 4.4? I could root the tablet and install Android 5 probably, but I want to do that only if it looks at least promising.
to be honest, it's more likely the guts of the tablet causing the problem, not the OS. That tablet is using a pretty under powered CPU/GPU compared to tablets known to work well. My advise is to upgrade to something beefier. You could also try disabling video caching, since it's clear the problem starts when you start recording.

Hmmm, it seems pretty fast to me, I'm not expert though. But one would assume that if there would be a performance problem, there would be video lags and stuff like that, not complete freeze after exactly one frame. That just looks too suspicious and is most likely a bug in Go imho.

Hmmm, it seems pretty fast to me, I'm not expert though. But one would assume that if there would be a performance problem, there would be video lags and stuff like that, not complete freeze after exactly one frame. That just looks too suspicious and is most likely a bug in Go imho.
disable video caching and see if it helps.

Thanks, I tried, but didn't help.
One more symptom: When I start recording video from the tablet, it stops the video feed and the frozen video image gets grayscale. That's probably some sort of error.

You need to update your tablet.

It's the newest version provided :(. I can only root it and force the Android 5 onto it, which is the whole point of this post - does it make sense?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31