Gimble question about maiden flight

Reaction score
Hey guys. Just bought my P3S (which I love so far) and I just had a couple questions about the gimble. When I was getting the P3 ready to fly, the gimble was making noise, and I noticed my flight status in the app would go from Green to yellow and back to Green every few seconds or so. It never stayed on the screen long enough to read, but I caught a glimpse of it, and it seemed like it was a camera error. I did fly in a field where the grass was a tad bit high, so maybe that was the problem? Just wondering if this is normal or something I should be concerned about.

Also, I took a few snaps, and in one photo I took, the horizon was crooked. The other photos I took were on an angle, so it's hard to tell whether this issue happened more than once. Could that be a malfuntioning gimble or the gimble not being level? It looked like it was pretty stabilized for most of the flight, but when I reviewed the shots at home, I saw what had happened.

Other than that, the first trip was a blast! Really enjoyed how stable it was. Before this, the only drone I had flown was a knockoff plastic clunker that had no gyros or....well anything. This was a real treat.

Thanks, guys. And thank you in advanced for the responses.

have you calibrated everything in the " proper " order ? ......and in the proper situation ? ( perfectly level...away from any magnetic interference )

have you calibrated everything in the " proper " order ? ......and in the proper situation ? ( perfectly level...away from any magnetic interference )
I calibrated the compass. That was the only thing I calibrated. Should I have done something else? Calibrating the compass was the only thing I saw others doing right out of the box.

I calibrated the compass. That was the only thing I calibrated. Should I have done something else? Calibrating the compass was the only thing I saw others doing right out of the box.
There's probably no need to calibrate anything.
Does your manual advise to calibrate anything before flying?
There are a lot of myths in drone flying.

some do a full calibration, imu, gimbal, rc and compass ........maybe not in that exact order tho. read up on it before doing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl