Gimble problems

Reaction score
My Phantom II Vision seems to be having gimble problems. The camera is tilted all the way down, and when I power the drone up it, sounds like it is trying to hyperextend down (the servo motor is still running). I turned the gimble off in the Assistant software so that it would not be damaged. Any suggestions on what might be wrong or how to fix it? TIA!

when you start it, do you hold the camera in the forward position? could need a calibration. or a sensor is messed up.

How is the calibration performed? I looked for it in the drone manual, but couldn't find any instructions.

after looking at some websites all that you can really do to calibrate is do an advanced IMU calibration, i also found this: Camera tilt - SOLVED tell me if that helped

also if you hold the gimbal upward when it turns on does it stay up? or does it turn back down pics would be helpful.

The servo cog has slipped, remove the small white rubber cover on the ear of the camera (looking from the front it's the one on the left side of the camera ) and remove the small black screw, the ear has a small white plastic cog inside that sits onto the servo horn, use a small flat screw driver to push the cog off the horn, the camera will go loose once its prised off the servo horn, then start the quad and use the app to tilt the servo fully downwards, then tilt the camera fully down and then push the cog back onto the servo horn and replace the screw

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Mark The Droner
since this is a gimbal thread, my gimbal does a slight shaky twitch thing up and down, any thoughts?

Yes. Take it apart and figure out why it's twitching. The P2V gimbals are pretty easy to work on.

BTW - one easy trick to check your gimbal range is to start up the phantom with the controller off/on. If you start it with the controller off, the gimbal will move the camera up to its max point and stay there. If you start it with the controller on, the gimbal will move the camera down to its min point and stay there.

Per crash1stime’s recommendation, I disengaged the gimble cog from the camera and re positioned it. After some tweaking I was able to get the camera to tilt through the full range. Thanks for the advice. It appears that the gimble is working properly.

However, I am still concerned. The gimble seems to be louder than I think it should be. When I toggle the gimble on/off with the assistant software, there is a very noticeable audible difference. I wouldn’t think that the gimble should make any noise while the drone is sitting on my desk not actively tilting. Am I overly concerned or should I be concerned? If there is a problem I don’t want to burn out my gimble. I think the gimble on my last camera burned out. TIA!

I know it is not the fan. I can clearly hear the difference when I toggle the gimble on and off. Should my gimble make any noise while it is sitting still on my desk?? I don't recall it doing this before, but I am not an experienced user.

I've just tried toggling mine in the assistant software, the noise difference is noticeable. The servo chatters pretty much constantly when the Phantom is sat still. Pretty normal for gyro controlled servo.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik