Gimble me this.... (Bird strike or retarded gimble?)

Reaction score
So I was trying out my new polar pro windsurfers and i got JUST over a mile in distance before I started to drop both video and RC connection. I was in what I would consider a some what congested wifi area so that's not too shabby. On the return flight watching the FPV feed from the camera I though my drone was starting to fall out of the sky as the video was wobbling ALL OVER the place. I kept flying as best I could and the drone came into view flying normally. Turns out the gimble had just gone full ****** on me. It was tilting and flopping around. I hand caught the bird and brought it inside to find my RC had no gimble control. Well after some flipping out and rebooting the gimble seems fine now. I wonder if I bird took issue with my bird and smacked it to where the gimble went wonky for the rest of the flight...? Anyone ever seen this?

I was thinking it MIGHT have been caused by a bird strike and just continued after as a result of the strike.

I'm not thinking the bird strike theory isn't necessarily accurate, but I did see a bird near my bird when it came in view.

Just a VERY strange gimble GLITCH from hell... No reason. Seems gone. I'm flying tomorrow and will update whether it recurrs. Does anyone think that DJI will replace the drone based on this video if this happens again and doesn't go away?

I DID just update the firmware on the bird before the flight

Could've added some voice overs... "may day may day! we're going down!" looks pretty cool..although if I saw that I would've **** my pants.
I'd chalk this one up to gimbal glitch. Just the other day, I was flying in sport mode just having some fun, maneuvering and doing some crazy stuff. Gimbal glitched or something and was stuck facing right. I hovered it down to my height and it was clearly facing full right side. Whatever I did, did not return to center. Landed and rebooted, everything was fine after that. No idea what caused it. Did a IMU and Gimbal re-calibration just for the heck of it afterwards.

Ribbon cable bad or came loose during the stress of the flight?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj