Gimble Issue

Reaction score
During flight, the gimble periodically drifts left/right then jerks back to face forward. Any suggestions?

Schnitts said:
During flight, the gimble periodically drifts left/right then jerks back to face forward. Any suggestions?

Want to help... But nowhere near enough info.

What quad are you using? What gimbal? What camera? Have you updated firmware recently? Have you crashed recently?

Did this just start happening? Or has it ever worked properly?

Fair enough. Phantom 2 Vision+, standard gimbal/camera configuration for this model - 3-axis stabilization gimbal w/ 14MP camera, new out of the box Christmas morning, Firmware 3.08, one minor crash where it simply flipped over on first launch prior to updating firmware. It works fine 90% of the time.

Schnitts said:
Fair enough. Phantom 2 Vision+, standard gimbal/camera configuration for this model - 3-axis stabilization gimbal w/ 14MP camera, new out of the box Christmas morning, Firmware 3.08, one minor crash where it simply flipped over on first launch prior to updating firmware. It works fine 90% of the time.

I'm sure that info will help... I have the non vision... So can't offer much on that gimbal.

Did the behavior exist before the firmware upgrade? Or did you have too little time to tell?

Does it do it no matter how far you are from the controller? I'm wondering also if you might have a loose wire that sometimes wiggles and makes it go through a calibration maneuver during flight...

I didn't have any time to tell before the firmware upgrade since I did it almost immediately. Distance from controller does not seem to affect it. The symptoms do seem like what you would see with a loose connection of some sort since it periodically snaps back to center. I think it is a bit more pronounced when yawing the Phantom and in higher wind conditions. I just took some video in very mild conditions - finally - and did not have any issues.

I have no help to offer, but I suggest you post in the Vision+ forum (viewforum.php?f=27).
I think that more vision + owners will see your post there.

Also, I would not completely write off the loose wire theory. What you describe does kind of match the behavior one might expect from a loose wire and a gimbal reset.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4